Chapter 4

John and I are at the beach. On a fine Saturday day. I brought my board just in case. "Hey, Camey I got to tell you something." John said looking at me.

    "What is it John?" I asked, holding his hand.

    "Umm...I have to go away for about a month or two over the summer." John said looking at me with sad and gloomy eyes.

    "Oh..." I said looking into his eyes. "...why you going away for a month or two?" 

    "Well umm...because I am going to basics for the army." He said still with sad and gloomy eyes. When he said that tears were forming in my eyes. He saw them and said, "Camey, don't worry I will be safe, okay." He said hugging me. The tears came down on his chest.

    "Okay." I told him.

    "Don't cry, hin." John said then next thing I noticed he picks me up and spinner me around. I was laughing. "See I know how to stop you from crying." He said, looking up at me.

    "Yeah thanks babe." I said then kisses his forehead. He put me back down. I said, "Let's go for a swim." He agreed, so we ran, hand in hand, to the water. The water was great. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I was blushing.

    "I love you, Camey." John said. When he did I kissed him.

    The rest of the day was great. When I got home I told my parents about what John said, about him going to basics over the summer. They told me everything will be okay I told them thanks.