~three~

ENTRY 2

I finally got my period! Which means no having to make tea for Rishi, no sitting for puja* and being absolutely alone in my room with my very own mattress.

*A prayer to God. 

Thank God for Dadi's* superstitious beliefs.

*Grandma

The plan is to finish Audit within these four or five days.

Who knows, if I'm lucky enough, I'll continue chumming for a whole week! One whole week; with my solace. A dream come true.

~Meera

Sipping into the cup of hot chocolate; Vedant found his brows scrunch up in amusement. He was obviously aware of just how much women disgusted those few days of the month.

Cramps? Back pains? Staining?

He'd watched Vidisha; his little sister whine about it all.

He'd even watched with utmost horror from how she changed from a vivacious, happy soul to a conniving monster; ready to attack you at the slightest provocation.

This girl...Meera...seemed like an exception to the stereotype.

ENTRY 3

Apparently pink is a girl's colour and blue is a boy's colour. I was out buying a phone case for myself with Jai, Aashni and Nikhil. Of course, Nikhil just had to pass a sexist remark.

Something on the lines of how we girls should get over our obsession with pink.

In my defence; I genuinely liked the cover. It is this nice rose gold colour that totally flatters my super common Samsung model. But his remark made me conscious; also making me want to point out that Aashni was bathed in pink the first time he officially took note of her and eventually asked her out.

Talk about hypocrisy.

I still got the phone case though.

~Meera

Jai, Aashni and Nikhil?

Do I know any of these people?

Pressing his forehead tightly; Vedant tried to brainstorm for sensing any recognition. Who was he kidding?

Jai and Nikhil were probably the most common names out there. And if Meera was someone from his friend circle; he'd obviously know. Which meant that he most certainly didn't know these three people all that well.

Hooking; was putting things mildly. He was beyond hooked to her entries.

Vedant settled on his bed with the pink diary with more stirred interest.

Who writes journals these days?

Apparently Meera does. And she loves pink. He sighed.

ENTRY 4

Rhea Di is getting engaged to Somil.

Yes, SOMIL PARMAR. I find this match absolutely absurd! Considering he was dating Rhea Di's* best friend for a good three years before he decided to be a typical Mumma's boy and agree to an arranged marriage.

*common noun used for elder sisters

I'm not sure what amazes me more; the ease with which he moved on or the expertise with which my entire family is ignoring the elephant in the room and going ahead with the wedding preparations.