Chapter III

Adenza's P.O.V.

We walked in silence as we made our way towards the garden. I wondered what my mother might say once she notices that Ezdeth is covered in my scent. I mentally cringed at the possibility of my mother rejecting the idea of me mating with the enemy. Yet, I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of Ezdeth. She thinks that she possesses the strength to behead me, I didn’t earn the that title “Kiss Of Death” by sitting down and looking pretty like a damsel in distress. I didn’t wait around to get saved by what ever guard that was assigned to protect me. I didn’t stand around and watch my family get slaughtered.

No, I picked up a sword and killed what ever I deemed a threat to my family. I brought Gealdinina back from the brink of devastation. I risked everything I had to protect the people I cared about. I became the Kiss Of Death when I killed every last one of the armies that tried to bring Gealdinina to her knees. I became savage  and ruthless when no one else would. If Ezdeth wants to behead me she would have to be the Angel of Death herself. I refuse to submit to power hungry bitches like her. She may be my mate but she in no way shape or form my equal.

“Ravania, how nice of you to finally join us. And I see you have found our missing guest." My mother’s ever chipper voice penetrated my thoughts. I curtseyed and apologized for my tardiness. I took my seat and Ezdeth took hers, which was to the right of me.

Lunch progressed with my mother and Vivian and Alister, the King and Queen of Sahvahnt, discussing a supposed treaty between the two countries. My sanity is grateful for this arrangement but my sadistic beast has the opposite feeling.

My beast is the supernatural soul that resides within me. Every shifter within the supernatural realm possesses a beast's soul. Usually, a person has one beast. For example, werewolves have wolf beasts, vampires have bat beasts, which are usually referred to as vampair. In my case it is a bit different. I was born a chimera, meaning I have more than one beastly souls residing within me. I possess the soul of a shifter, a vampair, a sirin and a demon's soul crafted by Lucifer himself.

With each beast I have different abilities. When I summon my shifter beast I am able to take the form of any creature I wish. If I summon my vampair I am able to move a the speed of light but even without my supernatural speed I am plenty fast. A side effect of being part vampire is the desire to consume blood with I have yet to give into. When my I am immersed in water I may or may not call on my sirin, which allows me to trade my legs for a black and gold tail.

My demon was a curse for murdering Lucifer’s favourite slut of the week. She attempted to kill my sister, I simply illuminated a threat and if I am punished for that, then I will accept it with pride. My demon soul merged with my other beasts making everybody one big happy family. The integration process of me beasts felt like hell was burning me from the inside out. When it was a said and done I was stronger, so I did not mind the pain I went through. Since my beasts became one entity living within me it has formed a personality and gave herself the name of Eros. She is basically what was born out if the merging of the beasts, which now entirely exist in the form of Eros. There is no individual beast just Eros.

“Ravania what do you think of the treaty?” I heard someone asked. I stared blankly at everyone which caused my mother to sigh in defeat. I gave her an apologetic smile.

“What do you think of the idea of marrying Ezdeth as a sign of union between Gealdinina and Sahvahnt. It will be in writing to make it an official treaty." My lovely mother explained. Everyone waited silently for my reply. I reached for my wine goblet, I slowly took a sip of the dark cherry flavored alcoholic drink. I swallowed and continued to stare blankly at my mother.

“Does Ezdeth have a say in this?” I asked in a bored tone as my gaze shifted to the king. I raised a brow waiting for his reply.

“Ezdeth will be happy to serve her country in such an important matter.” I nodded, satisfied with his response. In other words the king is saying that she has no choice.