Chapter VI

I silently observed the prisoners as they spouted out empty threats filled with false bravado. I walked to the end of the dark dungeon hallway to my prey for the day. I stooped in front of the girl who unlike the rest of the prisoners was quiet with dried tears staining her beautiful rosy cheeks. I clicked my tongue in satisfaction which caused her head to snap up in fright.

The girl was no younger than ten years old. I supposed in a world filled with false power heads child soldiers are not so taboo. I looked at the filthy girl with a stoic face even though I was seething with anger. However, under the thick layers of anger laid pity and compassion for this unknown girl.

A movement in the back of the dingy cell caught my eye. My eyes were now trained on the other child who seemed to be around the same age as the girl though it was hard to tell seeing as the boy was covered in dry blood and mud. He looked back at me with soul piercing eyes reminded me of Ezdeth's cold gaze. Eros stirred in curiosity at the children.

My gaze shifted back to the girl and realized why Eros was so curious about her, as well as the boy. The girls eyes were an iridescent gold similar to mine. I was momentarily confused until I remembered where these children were born or rather created.

"What is your name girl?" I asked in a harsh tone.

The children looked confused as to what I asked, then I remembered what they are. These children are soldiers trained to forget everything except their orders. I sighed in frustration and annoyance at the situation that has fallen in to my hands.

I opened the black steel gate that separated us and told them to follow me. They understood that I was the Apex predator and they were prey, so they followed my - though I could sense the hesitation in the soft foot steps. I lead them to the lake where I first met Ezdeth. They seemed to be on alert as soon is they stepped foot outside of the palace which is understandable given the fact that they went from a cold wet dungeon to a lake surrounded by beautiful nature.

I told them to strip and wash themselves in the lake. I used my magic to create a wash rags and unscented soap for them to use. They looked at the objects strangely and in fear. In the water nude they started to shiver they wanted to run but they knew they had no where to run and hide.

I sighed again and removed my boots and stepped into the water. Each step I took forward they took one back. I grew bored of their fear and ordered them to stop moving. I lathered up the soap and began to bathe them; the process had to be repeated several times until they were both thoroughly washed. Their hair was washed and it revealed the true colour of their hair.

The boy had pure black hair while the girl had locks of ivory. The more I looked at them the more I think that my suspicions are true.

I walked back to shore and put my boots back on. I told the children to get out if the water and they followed without complaint. I once again used my magic to dry them off and dressed them in proper clothing. The girl was dressed in a simple white day dress and her hair was put up in a side braid with a hair pin with my crest at the end of the braid.

The boy was dressed in crisp white shirt tucked into a pair if dark grey trousers. His hair was done up in a loose ponytail with a hair pin identical to the girl's. I nodded in satisfaction and ordered them to follow me once again. I lead them to the gazebo in the garden were lunch was being held. My siblings and Ezdeth all glanced at the children with curiosity while my parents looked at me with understanding. They knew who and what these children are just like I did.