Chapter IV

Ezdeth's POV

I looked down at the bitch, my so called mate, who was peacefully sleeping on my stomach with her tattooed hands on my breasts. She looked like a delicate flower when she is sleeping but I knew she was the spawn of Satan himself. I grinded my teeth when my bones finally reset themselves in their correct position. Without thinking my claws extended and I was about to rip out Adenza's throat but her hand caught my arm.

My eyes widened when I heard the familiar sound of bones breaking. Pain surged through my body like lightening through a metal rod. I felt something wet on my cheek, I used my good hand to touch the wet spot and was surprised to find blood. I looked down at my arm and swallowed a scream when I saw my bone sticking through my skin, blood was splattered across the headboard and sheets.

I looked down at Adenza and saw her still sleeping peacefully. Like I said before she is the spawn of Satan but I starting to think that she may be the reincarnation of Satan. My night was spent with me making soft sounds of pain as my arm reset itself. Adenza had moved in her sleep, she was now laying on top of me. Her head was settled between my breasts and her hands hanged loosely around my neck, our legs were intertwined under the sheets.

Morning came too quickly for my liking. The heavenly golden rays of sunshine entered the room through the glass wall facing the mountain range separating Gealdinina from Sahvahnt. This was the first time I have thought of my home since I arrived in Gealdinina. I hoped to never see that place ever again. My hand instinctively went to trace the neat and deep slashes on my wrist. I stared out the glass wall wondering if they were going to miss their property, as they have so eloquently put it numerous times in the past.

I stared at the rugged snow topped mountain range hoping that it would keep them away from me. Adenza may not like me but I would rather die at her hands rather that the hands of my family. I swallowed down a sob and blinked back the tears threatening to fall. I smiled as I finally realized that I would never have to see my pathetic excuses for a family every godforsaken morning, anymore. I let out a small laugh that sounded light and happy, it was a sound I thought only innocent children could produce.

"You look beautiful in the morning light."

My heart stooped for a moment when I heard Adenza whispered in my ear. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up while goose bumps run along my skin. Adenza wrapped her strong tattooed arms around my waist. I hesitantly placed my hands on hers, she gently intertwined our hands together. She rested her head on top of mine and rocked us gently as we silently stared out the glass wall.

"I'm sorry I broke your arm last night." She said after awhile.

"I thought you were asleep?" I curiously questioned.

"I was but I saw the blood spatter and your arm looks like it's in the process of healing." She whispered while placing soft kisses on my neck. I relished in the affection I was receiving from my mate. I smiled softly and lean further into her chest.

"But you aren't sorry for breaking my hand last night." Adenza was skimming her nose along my collarbone while leaving light kisses.

"Ezdeth you must understand that I do not tolerate disobedience. I gave you a warning beforehand but you chose to ignore it. I am not going to hurt you for little things Ezdeth but I need the control. I will try my best to contain my need to dominate you into submission, but I can't promise you that I will never hurt you again when I know I will. I will have bad days but I'll try to refrain from taking my anger out on you. Just give me, us, a chance to start over." Adenza's voice was soft and genuine.