16

Went to Vegas over my spring break and look what I found- mint box Kevin and Scott (with Kirstin below, her name's just spelled different) all right next to each other! if only Avi and Mitch were there!!!

"Kirstin! There's someone at the door for you!"

"Coming, mom!" I checked my room one last time before going to the door- my room was practically immaculate, the stuff was all set up, and I even sprayed a bit of perfume to make my room smell good. I then rushed over and opened the door where Mitch was waiting.

"Hey Mitch!" I greeted. "C'mon, we'll get started."

"Hey!" He smiled a cute smile. "Well, I made it!"

Mitch said hi to my parents and then followed me to my room.

Once inside, I closed the door and hopped on my bed. "So, how's everything going?"

Mitch shrugged. "I think it's going okay."

"Do you like your song?"

"It's great, but I feel like it's not enough." Mitch gave me a sad smile. "No offense though. Your song is great!"

I gestured for him to sit down on the bed beside me. When he sat down he glanced around to make sure no one was spying on us (like where and how idk) and then leaned over and hugged me. "We'll get through this."

I sighed as I returned the hug. "Well, I'll show you my problems." Reaching over, I grabbed my folder and opened it. "La La Latch is supposed to be a full sounded song. And yet, it couldn't sound more empty."

"I think we have the same problem." Mitch continued. "Since we don't have any accompanying instruments, it might be more boring... You know what I mean?"

I smiled at him. "Of course I do!"
My smile disappeared as I thought. "But, I really have to fix this. I don't want to lose!"

"No one does." Mitch replied, edging closer to me. "No one. But what are we gonna do? Just sit around and mope? C'mon, we got songs to fix!"

Half an hour later, me and Mitch were completely dead. We hadn't had any success with the music and I thought my worst nightmare was coming true. No one could help me.

Sitting all sparwled and rumpled on my desk, me and Mitch were completely tired. I was slouching face down on the table flipping a pen over and over in my fingers as Mitch who was perched on the table tore a small post-it into tiny pieces.

I heard a loud sniff, then glanced up in suprise.

"I have to win this..." Mitch explained through sad tears. "If I don't, I'll never get away from my home..."

"Why-what?" I stuttered.

"I just hate my home sometimes. It's complicated."

I gestured the rumpled piles of music. "What isn't?"

Mitch sighed before dropping the pieces of paper to the ground. I watched them flutter down like tiny blue snowflakes. "Fine. I'll tell you. My parents just pay attention to my older brother because he's the 'image of success' or whatever. He's rich, successful, prideful, popular, envied. They literally forget my name, leave alone care about me."

I was shocked. "But-"

"Save it, Kirstin." Mitch's voice was suddenly angry. "It's not like you can help me, anyways."

Seeing my confused look, he continued. "I did this just to impress them. I thought if I'd win, they'd actually learn to love me like they do to my brother."

"You don't need your family to help you in this. You just need us." We looked up in surprise at the strange voice. Scott, Kevin, Avi, Rachel, and Kira were standing at my door. Apparently they had just arrived.

"W- what are you guys doing here?" I stammered.

Scott smiled. "We just couldn't let you down. And plus, we've got some amazing ideas up our sleeves!"

"You ditched all your plans for us?" Mitch asked in disbelief.

Scott was grinning. "Anything for the singers!"

Sorry for the delay! I've been hecka busy and not motivated:P New chap coming very soon! Please review, vote, and I promise- the juicy Mirstie moments are right ahead!