Seniors

I wake up in Shawn's arms and I smile up at him. "Good morning Shawn," I say stretching.

"Good morning the love of my life," he says placing a gentle kiss on my lips. I still can't believe that I will be Mrs. Mendes in a little over a month. I climb out of my bed and walk over to my closet. As I reach for a pair of blue jeans, I feel two cold hands on my waist.

"You know that I do have to get dressed for school," I chuckle as I turn around to face him.

"I know. I'm sorry, I'll stop distracting you," he tells me as he softly kisses my lips.

"Listen Mendes, we only have a week of school left, then you can be as distracting as you want, okay?" He smirks and nods his head. I head into my bathroom to change and I walk out wearing a purple polo shirt, blue jeans and black converse high tops. He then groans and flops onto my bed.

"What? Do you not like what I'm wearing?" I ask, heading back to my closet.

"I love it. I love everything you wear, it's just you look amazing and it's distracting me." I smirk at him and I head downstairs. Jordan left early for college exams and my dad left not long after for work. "You know, it also doesn't help that the person wearing these clothes is so goddamn beautiful."

"I'm not beautiful, your absolutely perfect and I'm average," I argue. He shakes his head as he walks towards me. "Hold that kiss, I need food." I grab a quick granola bar and I finish it in three bites.

"You know that I can wait till you eat something else," he says.

"Yeah but we're running late for school," I remind him.

"It's only the last week, our exams are finished and the teachers don't care what we do."

"Doesn't matter, school is school. Plus then I get to hang out with you, without parental,or sibling, supervision." His eyes light up when I remind him of that fact. My dad was so excited about our engagement that he didn't punish me for going after Shawn.

I get into the passenger side of his Dodge and he speeds off to school. Thanks to that, we made it to school with plenty of time to spare. I see Lyla and Jake making out on his car. They have been an inseparable couple and I'm glad she has a guy who treats her right. They have been going out for almost a year now.

I get out and Shawn is almost instantly at my side. He puts his arm around my waist and we walk to our first period class, English. Mr. Smith puts in a random movie which I pay no attention to. "So, we finally graduate," Shawn says to me quietly.

"And then I get to spend everyday with you." He smirks and I can't help but smile. Lyla focuses her attention on us.

"You guys are such an adorable couple," she awes. I blush bright red as Shawn kisses my forehead.

"Well you do have Jake," I remind her. She then goes back to constantly texting him since they don't share any classes, unless you count lunch.

The bell rings and I jump out of my seat. I grab Shawn's hand as we walk to functions. It's great having Shawn back, the wound in my chest is healed, but not completely. "And now, may I present the most boring class ever," Shawn mutters as we walk into the room.

"No argument there." He chuckles under his breath. Ms. Frieda put on a movie about Stephen Hawking but I just zoned out.

When the bell rang, I didn't hear it. "It's lunch time love," I hear in my ear. I shake my head, to clear the daze, and I get up. Shawn picks me up into a hug and kisses me.