011. | TOO LATE TO PRAY

A/N: Sooooo... this turned out longer than I expected lol. I apologize for any spelling errors and the shitload of jumping around.
❦ ❧

Zico's P

Zico's P.O.V

I sat in this dark room alone the only light source was the tiny opening of the small window placed on the door. My hand was handcuffed to the table and I was staring at the empty chair in front of me, waiting for someone to come fill it. Soon my prayers were answered. A blonde headed female walked into the room. She wore a formal white shirt with black suspenders over them and church shoes. Yup, she was definitely the detective.

"Chris?"
"Zico," I correct her.
"Legally, it's Chris." She snapped back

She spun around setting the papers down on the table. A smile appeared on her face once she looked up in my direction. "Ah, another brother in here" she patted my shoulder before taking a seat in front of me "Ya'll kids gotta stay out of trouble. Jail is meant for rich, good looking, rappers." I raised my eyebrow at how she knew that information and then remember all the picture and fingerprints they took before throwing me in this room.

"I'm a homicide detective in the LAPD-" she began but I cut her off.
"Los Angels?"
"Correct."
"Well, officer this is Florida not California."
"I'm well aware of what state i'm in, sir. Thanks for your concern, though." Her voice filled with sarcasm as she flipped through the papers, not bothering to look up at me. "As I was saying, I'm a homicide detective in the LAPD, you can call me  detective or Hilda."
"How about bitch?" I asked in my head. A moment of silences went by before she spoke again.
"Now, I'd like to ask you some questions, Chris."

"Zico" I correct her once again. "Also, don't I need a lawyer for this? And what evidence do you guys over me to have me handcuffed to this table. I haven't done anything," The detective stood up and un-cuffed me from the chair. "Better?" She questioned sarcastically and I nod my head flashing a fake smile.

Bitch.

"We know that Simone Jackson was a good friend of yours and you were at the scene of the crime, right?" I nod my head in respond. "We have no chargers against you at the moment" She continued.

"At the moment" I mock under my breath.  "but we need to do an investigation to what happened.  Starting with you, It's just a couple of question" folding her hands, she placed them on the table in front of me.

"Zico, If you had nothing to do with it, like you say, this will be over in no time" she was trying to intimated me. It was working.

"No problem. What do you want to know?" I played it off.
"How long have you known Simon?"
"Since 9th grade" she quickly jotted it down before looking back up at me.
"How strong is your relationship with her?"
"Strong"
"Was Simon ever been the violent type? Hang'd around gangs or such?"
"That irrelevant information" I was growing real impatient now.
"It very so relevant. If she was involved with gangs in any type of way, and one of them did it. This would be ruled as a homicide not an accident"