scene 3: the second bike ride & the walk in the woods

scene fade in: mike, el, lucas, and dustin ride off to the woods on their bikes after school.

Mike's POV:

We rode on our bikes for a while. The whole time, El would keep gasping and grabbing on tighter to my shoulders whenever we would ride over a rock, or a twig would snap. This last time though, a crow cawed and she almost made us fall over. "El," I say loudly, trying not to sound frustrated. "It's okay, it's just a bird. It's not going to hurt you."

She just sighs, not loosening her grip on me. "Mike," she says softly, "I know where Will is hiding."

"Y-you do?" I stammer, surprised. "Can you show us?"

"Yes," she nods. I looked back at Lucas and Dustin, checking if they had heard. They were staring at me with wide eyes, as surprised as I am.

We all stop our bikes and get off. I help El off of my own bike and Dustin can't hold it in anymore; he giggles and awww's. "You guys are adorable. Aren't they adorable, Lucas?"

Lucas shakes his head, disgusted. He stays quiet, though.

I could feel my face getting hot. "Shut up, Dustin," I snapped.

He puts his hands up in mock surrender, still laughing. I looked at El, who has a look of confusion on her face. I sigh. "Come on, El. We're gonna walk the rest of the way."

We walked until we reached the tracks. Lucas and Dustin walked a few feet behind us, while El and I talked about Will.

"He's reaally cool, I think you'd like him. His character in D&D is awesome, and his specialty is throwing fireballs," I say excitedly. Then my smile falls. I almost forgot he was in danger for a minute. "I really miss him," I admit, looking at El.

She tries to smile, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Be brave," she whispers.

I nod, smiling back at her. "I will, El. Thank you."

《》

sorry this is so short, and that i took so long to update again. don't worry, i'll be uploading at least two more!

genesis xx

p.s. i apologize for any errors :/