scene 5: hold on to me

last chapter for today! only 3 more to go
:( season 2 is coming soon, though! more mileven i hope ;)

《》
Mike's POV

Lucas helped me lift El from the chair, the Heathkit still smoking. "El, do you think you can hold on to me?"

She nods weakly, her eyes fluttering shut. She lifts her arms and I go forward, letting her put them around my neck. I help her put her legs arund me too so that she's hanging onto me like a koala, and we start running outside to our bikes.

I help her onto my bike, getting on in front of her and we all rode towards my house.

I could feel El's head rolling to the side once in a while, as if she's fighting to stay awake.

"It's okay, El. We're almost there, just hang on for a bit longer." I say, worried she would fall if she dozed off.

"I'm okay," she says, so softly I almost don't hear her.

"Alright, good. Just hold on tight."

《》

Once we made it to my house, we put our bikes on the grass near the door to my basement. I told El to hold on to me the way she did before, and I walked inside as fast as I could, scared that I would drop her somehow.  Even though she was clinging to me without my help. I put her down on the couch, then pulled a blanket over her. I smile at her, and she smiles back weakly before her eyes shut and she gives in to sleep.

She wakes up a few minutes later, and just lays there, staring into space. Lucas, Dustin, and I get around the small table with the D&D upside down game board on it, and try to figure out how to help Will.

《》

this is so short it's ridiculous. but here it is! I'll try to update again tomorrow!

genesis xx

p.s. sorry about any errors 🌺