scene 6: you saved me

scene fade in: after el saved mike from falling off the cliff and they're all hugging.

《》

I could feel Dustin pulling away from the hug, patting me on the back. I tried to pull away from El but she just plowed into me and knocked me over until she was still awkwardly holding on to me and I was trying not to breathe in her ear. I could feel the rocks digging into ny back, but I didn't care.

I almost died, but this girl saved me. I couldn't believe she called herself a monster. I'm sure it wasn't her fault that the gate opened, she was probably just scared. Scared out of her mind.

"El," I say, "It wasn't your fault, okay? You're not a monster. I know you didn't do it on purpose. It's okay, really. We'll figure something out, I promise."

She just cried and nodded, pulling away. "Okay," she whispers.

"Okay," I smile.

I get up and hold my hand out for her take, and when she does I help pull her up onto her feet. "C'mon Dustin, we need to go get out bikes and head home." I say, already walking back the way we came.

The whole way there, El clung to my arm and didn't let go, looking around warily. Once we got to ourbikes, I got onto mine and El came on behind me, putting her arms around my waist tightly.

We rode until we were less than half a mile from where the door to my basement is, and then we got off and walked the rest of the way.

We were all relieved to be okay. For the moment, anyway.

《》

and here's today's update! six chapters down, two to go :)

genesis xx

p.s. you know the drill about the errors lol