Isabella

Isabella Chapter 1

"Miss Car" "Miss Car!" my head snapped up meeting the angry eyes of Mrs.Soto. "Is there a reason your asleep in my class?" She asked her hands on her hip, the day by day scowl etched deeper in her brow line. "I...uh....sorry" I mumbled the class was starring at me. Mrs.Soto pressed her lips together before turning and walking to the front of the class room. "As I was saying before I had to wake up Miss. Sleepy" the class let out a soft echo of laughs, rolling my eyes I leaned my head against my hand. I watched as Mrs.Soto talked and talked about the Civil War and President Lincoln, who's birthday was this week also her sons birthday. Why anyone wanted to sleep with her let alone marry her was beyond me. "Anyone know Lincoln's speech by any chance?" She looked around waiting for the hands to shoot up, non did. Her eyes locked with me "Miss Car do you by any chance know his speech or are you back there sleeping again?" She was testing me I knew it, my palms started to sweat, my throat was dry. "It's something like, four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal, and so on and so forth" I finished keeping my eyes locked on the desk below me.

"Well Miss Car..." her sentence was cut short by the bell. Thank God! I quickly got out of my desk and rushed to my locker so I could go home. I quickly took my books out of my locker, I needed to hurry up and get home for two reasons. One, I need to make sure I stay out of everyone's way. Two I needed to get some sleep for work. I closed my locker when all of a sudden a face appeared next to me. I gasped out of shock only to realize it was Bethany. "Why'd you fall asleep in class? Did they make you stay extra at work?" She asked in a hushed tone. Bethany was my only friend, lame I know but who cares she wasn't spoiled or rich or fake or like everyone else in this god awful town. Bethany was pretty with out doing much, she had long red hair always curled and big doe brown eyes. She was a nice 5'6 taller then my lame 5'4 and a half. "Yeah, Thea didn't show up,again, so I had to work her shift" I mumbled walking down the hall with Bethany on my side "Do you think she's with that Robby guy?" Bethany asked. She was the only one who knew about my job, and every thing that happened at work. "I hope not that guy creeps me out, I have to go I'll see you later" I said opening the door to go outside. "Bye Isabella" she called after me but I was long gone. I was quickly stepping down the stairs when I ran into someone. My nose hitting his chest, books falling out of my hands. "Whoa watch it" his deep voice called I looked up to see Ethan Queen, his dark brown hair was styled up today with his piercing green eyes locked on me. "S-sorry" I stuttered his eyes stayed on me as I picked up my books, which was way to awkward for me, and hurried around him. I glanced over my shoulder to see him still standing and starring at me.

I made it home safely and with just enough time to check on my mom. Opening the door I threw my keys and back-pack down my the door. "Mom I'm home" I called no answer "Mom?" I called a little louder. I walked down the hallway into the kitchen "Mom?" I asked pecking my head in to notice a note on the table.

'Went out with some friends won't be back till tomorrow maybe, P.S left some money on the counter

-mom'

I sighed deeply, I shouldn't be surprised she does this all the time. The clock said 4:10 I had enough time to get some sleep and get ready for work.

Ethan POV

I watched as the small brunette hurried off in the opposite direction of me. "Yo! Ethan" my buddy Mark called me over to our group of friends "Why were you starring at her?" Mark asked pointing to the brunette I bumped into "I don't know man" I answered nonchalantly "Whatever dude, you ready for your birthday present" Mark was more excited about the gift then I was. Mark Derek and Curtis all had a present for me. I was turning 19, and I'm still in high school, sucks yeah but it's not like I failed or anything just happened to be older then everyone. "Yeah sure, what is it?" I shrugged asking the question for the millionth time. "Nah man it's a surprise, just be ready" the grin Mark was giving me freaked me out and excited me a little bit.