Forward

Today is the first day of my sophomore year same school same me and same old no friends. Camille is still with the popular girls and I am as usual alone.

The bell rings in my ears lunch hour. I go to the hall as usual and sit down and eat. I have spent two years alone and abandoned. Dylan is now a senior and Ellen has a baby on the way.

Someone walks up to me from the side and slides down next to me. "hi Kyla how was your summer we didn't talk very much last year."

"I creep away. Peter ditched me last year and became a popular. go away Peter you don't really want to be here you just feel guilty and does it look like I really care?"

"But I care about you and I feel horrible about everything I did last year."

peter, I love the way her hair waves perfectly and her eyes sparkle into mine. I love her and I wish I could tell her that.

"Are you going to the fall gathering this year?"

"Why would I go I never go?"

"I just thought you might go this year."

"Don't you have like football practice or have to meet someone?"

"Sorry that I am bugging you I guess I will leave."

The rest of the day I didn't see him at all.

the second day of school is always worse. I have learned just to push everyone and everything away, and then I see Peter walk past and some girl runs behind him and hugs him and they hold hands into their class. what?