Chapter 1- It hurts when everything's gone

Hey, Hey! It's a new book! And of to the side, are photos of Indiana Evans as Autumn.

Well, I know it a little boring now, but hopefully it gets better.

Stay Crazy,

-Dinosaur :")

CHAPTER 1-

It hurts when everything's gone

~

"Autumn, can you come down here please?" Aunt Carrie called.

It had been 6 months since the accident and things still hasn't gotten better.

Autumn was staying with her aunt. Same town, same school, same place, different life. Her aunt had been homeschooling her like her parents did, but things were still different.

She closed her laptop and thudded down the stairs.

Her Aunt Carrie was in the kitchen with a depressed look on her face.

"Aunt Carrie?" Autumn asked, and Carrie looked up at Autumn.

"Sweetie, have a seat." She patted the chair next to her. She sat down.

"I'm afraid I can't homeschool you anymore." She said.

"What?! Why?!" Autumn exclaimed.

Her parents used to homeschool her, she was honestly terrified at the thought of real school.

"If I'm going to pay for this house, then I need to work more. Otherwise we could lose the house." She told her.

Autumn took some deep breaths.

She nodded solemnly.

Her aunt's husband was always away and never really helped with money. Autumn had never met him, but she didn't like him. Her aunt needed to work, not take care of her. Everything familiar to her was being taken away, and she knew she had to get used to it. Her parents, her home, her happiness. Things were downhill from there.

"When do I start?" Autumn asked.

"I'm still enrolling you." Carrie told her. "Probably next week though."

That helps.

She tried to think positive.

Don't be so nervous, it's just freaking high school! She thought.

Unfourtunatly, that's as positive as it gets. She ran upstairs,and colapsed on her bed crying. There was nothing good in life anymore to her. She felt so hopeless, like everything good was being rippped away from her. There was no hope.

It hurts when everything's gone.

She collapsed on the bed, and waited for her pain to end.

~

Caleb didn't know what to do with his life anymore.

He was already messed up as it was, but he kept on getting into trouble. He was known as a player, he had stolen things, and he had gotten arrested multiple times. Honestly, he didn't even care anymore. As long as he got what he wanted he was fine. There were some things he couldn't forget though. His dad was in jail and his mom was of with some other guy. Because of this, his older brother, John had to take care of him, and his younger sister Addie. John didn't really give a crap about them though.

Little Addie came up the stairs and into Caleb's bedroom.

"Caleb, Johns asleep on the couch again." She told him.

His brother was a heavy drinker and was always passing out, puking, and sleeping until noon. Addie didn't know what it meant, and Caleb tried to keep it that way. He didn't want to scare Addie anymore than she already was.

"Come here." He said patting the seat next to him.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" She asked. He stared at her for a moment, thinking it over, and then nodded.

"Sure." He said.

She walked over to the bed, wearily climbed up, and passed out. He chuckled. She was a cute little thing. Caleb got up, and tucked her in. Her golden hair was spread across the bed, and her brown eyes were sealed.

He sat down next to her and fell asleep.

~

Autumn woke up feeling disorientated and groggy. She looked out the window to see her Aunt heading towards the car. It was Sunday, the day her aunt was going to church. Her aunt used to try to get her to go, but she never wanted to. Not since the accident. Her father used to be the pastor, and her mother was one of the worship band's main singers.

She went back once, one month after the accident. It was horrible and too emotional. She started crying the moment she got there. She felt unwelcome. It wasn't the same. When her parents were there she felt a connection. With the church, the people, and God. She was happy then. It had all disappeared. She couldn't go back. She couldn't handle it. It was just to much. She found herself in depression. She sighed and brushed her hair out if her eyes. She couldn't believe how much she'd been through, all that she'd felt.

And no matter how many awful emotions she had felt, she had never been truly happy. Not since the accident that had taken her parents lives.

I cant hide forever, I have to do something. She thought.

She then saw a note on her bedside table.

Go to the children's daycare if you're not going to do anyhting.

They've been needing help.

-Carrie

She used to do that with her parents.

Maybe it will make me feel better. It might ease the pain... She thought.

She rolled out of the bed.

Or make it worse, a little voice nagged in her mind.

Shut up! She said to the voice in her head.

She decided she would go. She put her golden mop of hair in a ponytail, and took a step out the door.

Remember to breathe, She thought, and headed out.

~

Caleb got up to find Addie still fast asleep.

He wished she could stay asleep, but she had to go to daycare. John's friends were coming over that day, and they weren't the best people. They were stupid hicks that didn't do anything, but do even worse things then John. He wanted to keep Addie out of trouble. The little five year old was honestly the only thing he truly cared about in the world. He was hesitant to wake her up, but he did. When he told her she was going to daycare, he could see the look of disapointment on her face. He immeadiatly felt bad.

She got dressed anyways.

On their way out he snagged some fruit for breakfast. He helped her climb into his car, and he drove to the community day care. It was a little volunteer day-care which she went to. It was free, which was fortunate for him because he didn't have too much money.

He dropped her off and left, knowing she was safe.