Chapter 3- Tears

CHAPTER 3-

Tears

~

Addie was seriously worried. Autumn hadn't come yet and it was getting late. Even Mrs. Kane didn't know where she was. Caleb eventually picked her up and Autumn still hadn't come. She was starting to get worried. When bedtime came she couldn't go to sleep. She eventually told herself to forget about it, an she fell asleep.

~

Autumn woke up the next morning on the bathroom floor. Her wrist was covered in cuts and dried blood. She started to cry.

It was Saturday, and she felt hopeless and useless. She was suddenly reminded of Addie and decided to go and see her. She put a baggy sweatshirt over her clothes to hide her cuts, and she went. The whole walk there she couldn't stop thinking about Addie, and what she had thought the day before. When Autumn got there, she was attacked with hugs by Addie.

"Hey." She said.

"Where were you yesterday?" Addie asked.

"Um...I had something to do." Autumn said finally.

Addie grabbed Autumn's wrist to take her to the table. Autumn tried to pull back, but Addie held on.

The sweatshirt sleeve slid down her arm exposing her cuts.

Addie stared wide eyed.

"What happened?" Addie asked.

"I, uh... Cut myself on accident." Autumn lied.

"This many times?" Addie asked.

"Uh... I got cut with some glass. Broken glass." Autumn fibbed.

Addie nodded believing the story.

"Wrists are for bracelets not for cuts." Addie said seriously. Autumn immediately felt guilty. They walked over to the table and had a tea party.

~

Caleb opened the door to his house wondering who Autumn was.

She was all Addie ever talked about, and he didn't know who she was. John was on the couch again, this time awake.

"Hey, Caleb!" He called Caleb over. Caleb sat.

John saw Caleb as carefree rebel like himself, and not as a sensitive guy with a mask. Simply because he didn't really know his brother.

That's why he made an offer.

"So you know that church down the street?" Caleb nodded.

"Me and some dudes, from the gang are going down there this Sunday to go and mess up the place. Those oldies won't know what him 'em." John said smugly.

Caleb nodded vigorously.

"Of course!" Caleb exclaimed.

He had made a decision.

~

"Do you go to church?" Addie asked Autumn.

"Uh... I used to." Autumn said fidgeting with her hands.

"Why don't you go anymore?" Addie asked.

"Uh... I just stopped." Autumn said nervously.

"Why?" Addie pressed.

Autumn knew Addie wouldn't give up, so she finally told the truth. How her parents had died and how she felt.

"You should go back." Addie said. "Why? I can't stand the place anymore." Autumn asked.

"I know, but you need to let go." Addie told her.

"Let go?" Autumn asked.

"Yeah. You know to be happy again. It's the way to be happy." She said. "How do you know?" Autumn asked. "That's how I got over my dad and mom going. I did the things that reminded me of them and I felt better."

It was Autumn's turn to ask questions.

"Your parents going?"

"They left. That's all Caleb says." Addie said sadly.

Autumn gave Addie a hug.

"I'm sorry about that." Autumn told her stroking her fingers through her hair as a little tear fell from the five year old's eyes.