Chapter 2- I am Addie

Well the new chapter is up! I also put up a photo of Mia Talerico as Addie of to the side :|

 CHAPTER 2-

I am Addie

~

Addie walked into the daycare looking around the place for something to play with. She turned around abruptly and bumped into a pretty girl. As far as Addie could tell, she was one of the workers there. Probably someone new. She examined the face. Her pretty honey colored hair brought attention to her face, but what really caught her attention the most were her eyes. The girl had the most gorgeous blue eyes Addie had ever seen. They looked as if they were made of glass.

"Sorry." The girl apologized. Then Mrs. Kane, the head worker came in.

"Autumn!! It's been so long! You sure have gotten taller. And prettier!" She exclaimed, making the girl blush.

Then Mrs. Kane noticed Addie there. "Oh! Hello Addie!" She exclaimed.

"This is Autumn." She gestured to the girl.

"Autumn, this is Addie." She told the girl.

Addie stared at Autumn.

The only thing Addie said was,

"I like your eyes."

Autumn was silent for a moment.

"Thanks." She said.

"Autumn? Do you mind watching Addie while I'm gone?" Mrs. Kane asked.

"I have to get more baby diapers." She said with a groan.

Autumn nodded. Addie could see she was trying to hold something in. Her face looked pained, like she was about to cry. Mrs. Kane left Autumn and Addie alone.

"Come sit with me." Addie demanded and dragged Autumn over to some chairs.

Autumn sat. Addie was shy at first, but then opened up.

"How did you get such pretty eyes??" She asked boldly.

"Um, well... I guess I was born with them?" Autumn said awkwardly

Addie nodded, not taking her eyes away from Autumn's blue ones. Addie smiled.

They talked over things, each of them being careful not to say too much, while being open enough. Eventually they bonded and spent their time mostly playing. Autumn was nice and played all the games Addie wanted play.

Eventually Mrs. Kane came back and saw the two bonding.

"Well, I see you two are getting along." She said, with a smug look on her face.

Autumn smiled for the first time in forever.

"I was wondering... Would you like to come back more often to hang out?" Mrs. Kane asked Autumn. She smiled and nodded vigorously, laughing. As far as Addie could see, Autumn would come back.

~

Caleb came back to the daycare to find Addie with a delighted look on her face.

"What's up kiddo?" He asked.

"The sky." She said giggling.

Caleb smiled. "Other than the sky." He said.

"Autumn." She told him and she got up.

While they walked back home they talked. " Can I stay late tomorrow?" She asked.

"How late?" He questioned.