Chapter Eight

He put his finger on his lips as if saying 'sh' .

As he was walking up to me Jason appeared behind him and injected a yellow substance in his arm.

After a few seconds the man fell on the ground.

"No he's not dead just unconscious" Jason said as if reading my mind.

He then took my hand and led me back to the kitchen where Chrissy and Justin were still arguing.

All he said was one "stop" and they instantly shut up.

I mean come on I tried everything and they didn't stop and he just said one word.

"We have to take her back to her father we need to have a conference with everyone" Jason said to them

"Well 'her' is right here" I said

They just ignored me and continued talking.

When they finally stopped talking we got ready to leave.

We got into our cars and then headed to The A.N.T Headquarters.

We stopped at an intersection and I noticed a car following us.

A/n Jason and Gabriella are in one car and Chrissy and Justin in the other.

Jason must have noticed it too, because he sped up.

4 other vans were following us now.

We lost Chrissy and Justin a while back I think they are taking different routes.

My eyes widen as I felt a bang on my window only to realize it's a gun shot. The windows must be bulletproof because it hit my window and fell on the road.

I put my head down in my lap.

I started thinking of the abuse the car chase today the man pointing the gun at me all on my first day of school here.

I started to hyperventilate when I felt Jason pick me up bridal style while saying soothing words to me.

I need to ask him one day how he escapes these car chases.

I calmed down but he still didn't put me down.

I then realized that we had been walking and was in this building it was super tall wide and busy everything stopped though when Jason entered with me in his arms.

The headquarters.

As all eyes turned on us I hid in Jason's chest I don't really like attention.

"Back to work" my dad appeared and said

Everyone resumed what they were doing.

Jason put me down but held unto my hand.

Just then Christy and Justin came in.

My dad came up to me and hugged me.

"This is the exact reason why I didn't take you back sooner." He said

"Well I may have been almost killed twice that doesn't me---...." I said until my dad cut me off.

"What do you mean almost killed" he asked

I turned to the others but they were finding the floor interesting.

"Umm can we like talk somewhere more private." I said shyly my dad can be pretty intimidating if he wants to.

"Fine let's go into my office" my dad said

As we were walking to his office I saw the woman I thought was my mother who had abused me for years.

She was handcuffed with two buff men by her side.

I looked at my dad and he said "I will explain soon.

After a lot of twists and turns we arrived at my Dad's office.

My eyes widen it was huge and gorgeous.

Dad's office.

We entered and sat down. Jason sat beside me,Justin beside Chrissy.

Everyone started speaking at the same time.

After that moment of deja vu.

My dad said "We arrested the woman you thought was your mother, we are charging her with abuse,neglect and she's is the reason why these men have been chasing you."

"Thank god she's gone but how come she's the reason that these men are chasing me" I said/asked

"Well it's a long story" he said

"Well we have 16 hours until school starts so enlighten me" I said

"Fine" he said "When your mother was in the hospital with you one of her closest friends was with her, when the attack happened her friend the woman you thought was your mother lost her baby. When we---....." he continued till I stopped him

"So wait let me get this curve straight the woman I thought was my mother lost her baby when the attack happened I was the only baby that survived and you let me live with her" I said

"Yes pretty much'- ..." he got cut of by a hit to the head by Chrissy

"As I was saying don't you see she lost her baby and she got to take care of the only baby that survived she took out her anger, sadness on her and when she that baby that she took it out on got taken from her she sought out a way to get revenge" I finished explaining

They all had different expressions on their faces Dad had a mixture of sadness,anger and like he finally figured out something.

I don't know how I was not crying yet I always tore up when I thought of what I went through and that same woman gave my location to people so they can kill me.

"We need to have that conference now" dad said

"Yes sir" they said

They took out phones and dialed numbers and started taking to people saying to get to the General's office now.