Agreement

Cherry woke the next day sore, exhausted, but strangely content.

She took a deep breath as consciousness came over her and was met with the scent of an Alpha. She froze momentarily as she felt fingers rubbing up and down her spine. Without opening her eyes, she let her mind catch up with her situation. Yesterday's events flooded in. Her step-father practically selling her off, the club, the two Alpha's fighting about her, and the one she was sure she was in bed with. Most importantly, she remembered last night. Mating, biting, and being claimed. She could feel the soreness between her legs and the steady throb at her neck. She opened her eyes slowly, feeling the after effects of her heat. She'd never been through one and was told they could last for a week if the Omega wasn't knotted or mated in time. She wasn't feeling any of what she did last night as she took in the sight before her. Apparently while she slept, Lana had moved them to a comfortable position as soon as they were no longer tied together. Cherry's head rested on Lana's marked up shoulder with her body thrown over the Alpha's. She could feel everywhere their skin touched and inwardly reveled in it. She watched the other's face intently as Lana stared up at the ceiling. She had to know Cherry was awake but hadn't moved or said anything. Fearing she did something wrong, Cherry moved her arm from where it was trapped between them to reach and touch Lana's face. She rested her fingertips against the other's cheek, brushing down to her jaw. "Thank you."

Her voice was hoarse but it got Lana's attention. The Alpha looked down at her with a hard look in her eyes. Cherry almost cowered but instead stared firmly back at her. She wasn't backing down from this, even if she was a little afraid. "Please don't thank me." Lana ran her free hand through her own hair and sighed. "All I've done is make life harder for you." Cherry could easily see Lana was beating herself up about everything. Though the bond was weak, she could feel it there too. Everything ached as she pulled herself up onto her elbow and looked down to the Alpha. Her Alpha.

"You didn't. You made it easier actually." She covered Lana's mouth with her fingers when she went to argue. "It is going to be harder. I won't be able to do things I use to want to. And even though you did say I could do and be with whoever I wanted-," Now bonded, she could feel the detest to that promise from Lana in the back of her mind, "but we both know that's not happening. For all we know, I'm already pregnant." She didn't want to be. God no, she didn't want to be pregnant and have to carry then care for pups. She didn't know how she would do it, how she would care let alone love them. So far, all she felt for Lana was gratitude at not turning her over to someone worse but there was still fear and slight anger towards the Alpha.

"You're not." Lana looked at her and longed to touch her fair skin. She could see the angry red of the mark on her neck and the bruises on her waist (likely on her hips too) from where Lana held her too tight. Part of her wanted to cover and never see the marks again; the other part was pleased at seeing her Omega covered in her marks. "At least you're not pregnant as far as I can tell." Cherry gave her a look, "Your scent would've changed. All I can smell from you is your own scent...and mine." She bit her lip and went back to staring at the ceiling.

Cherry already knew about the scent thing from her limited education but she still felt uneasy. "My heat isn't there anymore." She muttered and felt Lana stiffen under her. Even though she did get what she needed to satisfy a heat, it would've last at least another day even after being bonded. The only way it would stop is if it took and there was no reason for her to be in heat. "I'm sorry." She pulled back from Lana and rolled onto her other side. She heard the Alpha sigh and move behind her.

Lana gently draped an arm around Cherry's waist. "Please stop saying that. You have nothing to be sorry for. I should be the one sorry and begging for you to forgive me." She pulled Cherry back to her and rested her forehead against the girl's shoulder blade. "If you are pregnant," She tried to hold back a choked sound, "you don't have to carry the pup." Her voice caught in her throat and she felt like part of her was breaking. Lana hadn't been active in finding a mate before and barely gave kids a thought. But now, with it being a possibility (a forced one) she wanted nothing more than to have her mate and children. She wanted the girl she held to be her mate and carry her child and she would love them both.
But she wouldn't make Cherry go through that.
Lana had heard stories from family and in the news about Alphas forcing Omegas and even Betas to have their pups. Her own father had done it to female and males alike and it was the reason she'd even been born. She'd heard about Omegas being tied to beds or even the floor so they couldn't escape; being forced into heat and fucked until they were pregnant no matter how long it took. Then they were always forced to carry the pups and give birth even if it killed them. It always made her sick to her stomach to think about someone being abused like that. She wouldn't do that ever, especially not to someone like Cherry.