[3] Her Butler, Chance Encounter

It would be rather simple to describe the scene unfolding before me as a mere fight, without adding into account the blood that was being sprayed in giant washes, or the limbs that happened to get sliced off every minute or so. In reality, it was traumatizing and in fact horrific. This is why I had my eyes covered with my hands, shaking and cowering in fake fear. I gave the perfect impression of a young woman terrified out of her mind, unaware of the reason for the sudden manslaughter. Of course, I was peering through my fingers and hiding back a smirk since I finally had caught who Jack the Ripper was. I was ready to bravely stand up then and there to announce my victory, prepared to have the great pleasure of beating Ciel Phantomhive. The only problem was: Rodric was late.

"Oh dear, this is turning out to be quite the mess," Jack said, throwing away another young woman's arm, "It's gotten everywhere!"

To my displeasure, he had just finished murdering the young lady that had been escaping with me. This meant that I was next on his list, and my stupid demon butler was nowhere to be seen. I had specifically ordered for Rodric to be at the alley once the murders began, and that was two hours ago. Since he hadn't been on time, I had to run out of the alley and take a detour to an empty house along the road with the woman, leaving us both even more trapped. Bloody demon.

"Well, come now darling, you're my last kitten to be chopped," a loud scrape began to ring throughout the room, "She must be done with her part by now."

I inched myself farther away from him as he came closer, dragging the deadly instrument on the floor alongside him. It was too dark to see anything clearly, but all I knew was that it was a heavy duty red chainsaw.

"Don't touch me," I warned with a piercing glare, moving my hands away from my face. The man chuckled lightly and made his long hair swing back and forth. His eyes gave off a nasty, twisted gleam, reminding me slightly of a certain red-eyed butler. This didn't unnerve me as much as his smile did. It was wide, pearly white and shark-like; each tooth was jagged and perfectly sharp.

"You're rather rude."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, using the wall behind me as a support. He had tied our legs together before starting, and I hadn't had the chance to unknot the rope.

"And you're rather pathetic."

His wide smile vanished and was replaced with a deep frown, in a way seeming more childish than a man would normally have. He was hurt, and now on the verge of tears. I looked to my left, where the exit was with a weary expression. I didn't want to deal with an immature serial killer.

"Hurtful! So hurtful!" he exclaimed, hugging his arms, "Both you and Sebastian's master are so mean!"

My eyes shot back to him, twitching while my fists clenched up. I could feel my lips curled up in a sneer at the mention of Sebastian's master. I had worked so hard to be ahead, he couldn't have beaten me.

"You know Ciel Phantomhive?" Each word was emphasized, full of hatred and profound annoyance.

"Er, no. I never said that."

"But you did," I hissed, walking up to him with a finger in the air, the fear and uneasiness gone, "You said Sebastian's name."

The serial killer began to smile nervously, putting his hands up and walking backward with a forced reply. "You're pretty intimidating for a kid..."

I again sneered, my determination to beat Ciel clouding my better judgment.

Without a second thought, I shot my right hand up to the collar of my dress and pulled it down slightly, revealing the seal that connected Rodric with me, or rather I with him, muttering under my breath. "Rodric, I command you..."