Chapter Three

Chapter Three

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 --Alia--

        I heard a hesitant knock on the dorm door and let out a sigh. Why couldn't Harry leave me alone? "Leave me alone, Harry. I don't want to talk to you."

        "It's not Harry," I heard a soft voice say. "It's me, Hermione."

        "Oh..." was all I said. I was a little shocked that out of all of the Gryffindors, Hermione would be the one that would follow me. I thought that she hated me, since we never had talked. "Well, come in...I guess."

        Hermione came in, a small smile on her face. Once she saw my depressed state, that smile turned into a frown of concern. "Alia? Are you okay?"

        I shook my head. "I'm not sure...I'm just out of it, I guess."

        "Well, you've been out of it for quite a while..." Hermione admitted. "I brought you some breakfast.." She handed me a cinnamon roll, and I took it from her gratefully.

        "Are they still talking about me downstairs?"I asked, taking a bite. I almost moaned when the taste appeared in my mouth. The aroma of fresh baked cinnamon also helped heighten my experience.

        Hermione sighed and nodded. "You left quite a scene, slapping The Chosen One like that." She cracked a smile. "Honestly, I think he deserved it, though."

        I smiled. "Of course he deserved it. I don't understand why he's all over me now...ever since we had a free period together, he's been acting all weird and nice. It's actually more annoying than flattering, because honestly, I think that it's a little bit all overrated."

        Hermione nodded. "I understand, but judging by how Harry's been acting, I'm pretty sure that he likes you. Boys tend to be rather annoying when they develop crushes."

        "You got that right!" I groaned. I had now finished my breakfast, and was licking off the stickiness out of my fingers. "I don't like him that way, though. In fact, I'm not sure even if I like him as a friend."

        "Just ignore him, then," Hermione advised.

        "Mmkay," I sighed. I looked up at her and gave her a small smile. "You give good relationship advice. Ever had a boyfriend?"

        Hermione turned beet red, and cast her eyes down shyly. "No, not at all."

        "Like anyone?" I pressed on. I couldn't help it, I was curious!

        She looked back up, and made eye contact with me seriously. "Well...yeah...but you can't tell anyone!"

        "Promise," I smiled, crossing my heart. "Now tell me!"

        "Ronald," she mumbled. My grin got bigger. Out of all the people in Gryffindor, Hermione liked RON? That was unbelievably cute!

        "Awww! You guys would be an amazing couple!" I gushed.

        Hermione grinned. "Thanks...I just need him to realize it though..." she sighed a little sadly.

        I wrapped my arm around her shoulders in comfort. "Well, guys are a hella lot stupid....and slow. I'm sure that he'll come around someday."

        Hermione nodded. "I hope so." She gave me a smile. "How about you, Alia? Do you like anyone?"

        I looked away quickly, not trusting myself to hold my emotions inside. I was a very expressive person, and Draco used to tell me that he could read me like a book. Most of the times, it was an annoying factor to have, because people could tell exactly what you were thinking. "Oh...well, I don't know..."