3: Mitch's Story

Mitch's POV

I began to tell my story.
This is where it started.
"Travis... he and I were best friends for a few years before we started dating. He was very nice. He treated me well, for the first few years. He asked to buy an apartment with me. And so we did. We bought the home together. After almost a year, he started acting differently. He was strict. He told me that I had to follow his rules. He told me that I was bad to him. He told me I wasn't good enough. That... that he wanted me to kill myself. He wanted me gone. He started abusing me like my parents did when I was younger. I went to bed, in my room. And that very same night, I woke up without clothes on in his bed. He had done something that I don't dare to talk about. That's when I started loosing myself. I was very upset ever since then. No one could make me happy. And that's when all my friends left. Or at least that's what Travis told me. He tried to leave me. Many times. He made me feel worthless, and made me feel crazy. And he told me I was crazy. So that's why I'm here. I decided not to talk to anyone... well... everyone but you. Because I didn't want to feel hurt like that again." I pause. "I... I go... go crazy... I guess... and... I feel like that now..." I mumble.
Scott wraps his arms around me.
A hug?
Why?
"I'm so sorry, Mitch. You can always talk to me. I won't say a word. We're going to get you out of here. You can stay with me." Scott says.
Woah... really??
Isn't it too soon?
Will he break my heart?
Part of me says yes. Part of me says no.
"W-what?" I ask.
"Mhmm. You can stay with me. For as long as you want. Travis will never have to see you again."
That makes me feel safe.
"Thank you. So... so much. I-I... I lov-"
WOAH.
SLOW THE F*CK DOWN MITCH.
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!
"What's that?" Scott asks.
"Nothing. Just... thank you so much. For helping."
"Always. Can we talk some more, I want to try to help you get happy." Scott says.
I nod.
"Can I ask simple questions?" Scott's asks.
I nod.
"Were you happy?" He asks.
I nod.
"Are you happy now?" He asks.
I shrug. "I don't know... I don't know what happy feels like."
"That's okay. I'm going to help you. Let's move on."
"Okay..."
"What is your favorite song?"
"I... I like to sing Can't Help Falling in Love..." I mumble.
"I've herd you him that before." He says with a smile.
I smile.
Woah... that was a smile. I don't smile. What just happened?... he made me smile!!
"You smiled." He said with a smile.
I nod. "I guess so."
"Your going to get happy. I promise. I'm not leaving your side."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm going to move you into the more nicer rooms. The bigger rooms. With a nice shower and couch, with two beds and a big window." Scott explains.
"That sounds nice." I say.
I haven't been outside in a year. I refused. Maybe Scott would take me outside. Maybe Scott will be my forever friend.
Too soon?
I don't know. I just feel happy with him, at least I think I feel happy.

A/N: I hope you all had an amazing day/night!! (Depending on when you are reading)
Thank you for reading!! I'll update again tomorrow 💗

Comment your thoughts 💕