chapter 7

She watched while Indi devoured what had to be her third cone, of course this place didn't offer vegan ice cream, she'd have to write to the corporate headquarters about that.

"Stop! I know what you're thinking and I am perfectly happy in denial land about the evil things I am putting in my body." Indi commanded Rachel moaning from the delight the ice cream was giving her.

"Fine but I reserve the right to say I told you so after your open heart surgery."

Indi smiled through a mouthful of ice cream, Rachel laughed and threw a napkin at her.

"Rachel?"

Tall, but not Frankenteen tall, closely shaved head and skin roughly the colour of the ice cream she was currently eating.

"Matt! Hi, what are you doing here?" Rachel stood and hugged the guy gesturing for him to join them.

"Finally convinced mum to let me move back here with Dad." He answered easily. "But I thought you had left us all behind for the bright lights of New York, what are you doing here?"

"That's a long story." Rachel deflected. "Where are my manners? Matt Rutherford this is Indigo Davis; Indi is my best friend from New York and Matt here was in glee before his family moved to Atlanta."

"He wasn't evil?" Indi checked, she couldn't recall hearing about an evil Matt.

"No, Matt was always one of the few jocks who never partook in slushee facials, pee balloons or dumpster dives." Rachel assured her.

"Sounds like McKinley hasn't changed." Matt remarked. "Almost enough to make me dread Monday."

"It definitely hasn't." Indi agreed. "I wasn't there before but those glee bitches are just as horrible as they always were."

"What Indi means is that the female members of New Directions haven't exactly endeared themselves to either of us. They are still the same judgmental, arrogant girls as always." Rachel explained further. "But I'm sure Mike has kept you up to date with everything that's been going on."

"Well I know about babygate and everything that happened to Finn." Matt revealed. "But I haven't really talked to Mike since he got together with Tina, he's always busy with her. He doesn't even know I moved back."

"I'm so sorry but I'm sure he'll be excited to see you." She comforted grasping his hand for a moment. "Are you going to join Glee again? It would be nice to have a more even ratio again."

"Yeah, I actually missed it while I was in Atlanta. They didn't even teach music at my high school there." Matt shook his head in distaste. "And their football team was worse than ours."

"Not to be rude but why are you talking to us? I get that you knew Rachel but I lived with the girl for over a year and the only contact she had from Lima was her fathers." Indi butted in, as always the overprotective lioness.

"Well let's just say being the new kid in Atlanta definitely gave me a new perspective for what Rachel here went through, I promised myself if I got to come back that I wouldn't just let the bullies get away with it anymore. You were my teammate and I should have had your back." Matt apologized.

"That's very sweet, I never harbored any ill feelings towards you but your apology is much appreciated." Rachel smiled. "Not to be rude but Indi and I should be going, we're babysitting tonight."

"No problem, I'll see you guys at school on Monday." Matt waved heading into the ice cream store.

"He's fine." Indi whistled making Rachel blush, many people were now staring at them.