Chapter 4

Happy drove to Bakersfield with Cassandra on the back of his bike. She had her hands on his thighs as they rode and she would constantly squeeze her hands, teasing him. Hap had a raging hard on thanks to her and she kept making it worse.
As they pulled up to his moms, Happy growled seeing his aunts car in the driveway. "Play nice," Cassandra teased and nipped his ear making his dark eyes look at her.
"She's gonna piss me off. I can see it now," he grumbled as they got off the bike. Their bag strap was resting on Cassandra's shoulder so Happy grabbed her hand instead, and threaded their fingers together.
"Oh look Grace, your disappearing son is back," his aunt snapped and Happy growled as they walked inside.
"Happy! Cassandra," Grace Lowman smiled and Cassandra hugged her close then Happy gently hugged his mother.
"Hey, Ma," Happy grunted and kissed her head lightly.
"What are you two doing here," Grace asked and Cassandra grabbed her hands softly.
"We are bere to spend the weekend with you! So go get dressed. I'm taking us to get our nails done while Hap grills," Cassandra grinned and Grace teared up while staring at the beautiful woman. Grace hugged Cassandra again then went get her purse as Happy pulled out a one hundred dollar bill.
"Hap, I could pay for it," she pouted and Happy kissed her head softly.
"Just take it girl," he smirked and she nodded then pecked his lips. Grace stood in the door as she watched her son smile at the girl in front of him.
--------------------------------------
After the two women got their nails done, they went to the store.
"Happy's birthday is next month," Grace told Cassandra who smiled while watching the road.
"I know. He'll be fourty-six," Cassandra smiled and Grace sighed softly while studying the crow the showed proudly.
"I wish, he'd give me grandchildren before...," Grace trailed off and Cassandra hid a grin.
"Hey, Ma reach in my purse for that envelope," Cassandra told her and the older woman dug through the bag.
"Cassandra, I see no enve... Oh my lord," she gasped and looked at the woman as she held the small picture in her hands.
"Does he know," she smiled and Cassandra shook her head softly.
"It's his birthday present," with those words Grace's heart filled with joy.
The young woman cared for her son more than she could hope for. Cassandra did everything for the good of Happy and she admired her for that.
---------------------------------------------
Happy took a sip of his beer as he grilled when arms wrapped around his waist. "So sexy, you single," Cassandra teased and Happy turned to look at her
"Better watch yourself. My Old Lady would kick both of our asses," he smirked and Cassandra smiled up at him. He leaned down and pecked her lips and she bit his lip earning a deep growl.
"This is gonna be a good weekend," Cassandra smiled and Happy kissed her head lovingly.
"Yes, it will," he whispered and held her close as his mother watched from the kitchen window with happy tears in her eyes.