Chapter 5: The Mysterious Comforter

Madi finally reached the door of their house, and she quietly opened it. She then saw her parents standing right in front of her, looking disappointed.

"Where were you?" Her dad asked her in a backchat way.

"I was at Penny's house, and I walked going here. So I took long. Sorry." She replied as she tried not to look into her parents' eyes. "Here we go again," she thought.

"Well you should have called us!" Her mom exclaimed. Her mom looked like she was about to cry, and it pained Madi.

"Oh. I'm sorry about it, okay?" Madi exclaimed at her parents. She was fed up of all the non sense already. She hated being like this. She hated the fact that whatever she does was wrong to her parents. She was sick and tired of trying every single day just to make them happy.

"J-Just go to your room!" Her mom scolded at her. Wow. Her mom never scolded at her before. Why did she do that? As Madi thought about it she quickly ran on the stairs. She opened her door and closed it brutally. She locked herself in her room and went to the corner of her bed. She curled up like a baby, as she let her tears emerge and flow like a fountain. Her parents were always strangling her - controlling her life, perhaps. "Why do they do that?" Madi asked herself. She was talking to her other persona, she guessed. She continued sniveling so hard that she wondered if her parents heard her. She took her pocket knife in haste and stared at it for a while. Her mind was blank as she opened the pocket knife, and...

---------------------------------------

"Hey Madi!" Annabelle exclaimed as she ran towards Madi, and then hugged her.

"Uh, hey?" Madi replied as she tried to let go of the hug, since she could not breathe anymore.

"Oh. Sorry about that. Hehe. I just missed you." Anabelle smiled.

"It's okay." The bell rang, so she bid Anabelle goodbye. She had a free period that time, but she did not want to go to Art class. George was there and she did not want to meet him that day. She did not call him nor texted him in the weekends, so she felt iniquitous.

She ambled in the hallways, sobbing. "I don't want to live anymore!" she exclaimed. She heard her voice reverberate until the end of the corridor. She decided to sit on the floor and rest for a bit. She looked down on the floor and remained silent. Her mind was blank; she had no idea on what to do.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps from afar. She did not give a damn even though she knew that someone was going to see her in her times of sorrow. So, she just sat there as she buried her face in her hands. After a while, she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Someone is here. Great", she thought to herself. She dared not to take a glance at whoever that person was. She just continued to cry like a baby.

"Hey... It's okay. Shhh... Everything's going to be just fine." He - The person was a he - said. It was kind of funny to her that he did not ask if she was okay. Heck, it was relieving that he did not ask her that!

"How do you know? You don't even know anything that's happening to me right now!" She hissed and still did not look at the guy.

"Trust me. I understand every single thing that's happening to you. You just have to keep your hopes up okay?" He said in a tranquil voice. It somehow seemed that she knew who that guy was. She tried to think about it, but the thinking just flew away.

"Listen. I appreciate that you're comforting me..." She paused for a little while and soughed. "I don't even know you." She said in a shivering voice.

"Look at me then." He quickly said.

"NO."

"Just a quick look, darling."

"No! And do not call me darling!" She hissed at him.

"Okay then. I'm sorry. Just know that you'll see me around. Just promise me that when I go away, you'll stand up, stop crying and then you'll be heading anywhere you want. Okay?" He said, as she bet he had that sparkling and sad look in his eyes. She felt his hand on her shoulder, again.

"Uh... O..." She inhaled then continued, "Okay. B-but... Uh... Never mind. I promise." She said, sounding unsure. Her face was still buried in her hands, but at least she stopped crying.

"Good. Don't do anything stupid, okay?" He said. She was about to say something, but he left. She heard his footsteps going further from her. When she finally heard no sounds, she sniffed and then stood up. She then went to the girls' restroom to blow her nose and wash her face.

She decided to go to the park just to have some placidity, and to clear up her thoughts. She headed to the park, and when she reached her journey's end, she sat on a bench underneath a big tree to provide her some shade. She quickly took her journal and pen, and then wrote:

"20th of January. It's a Monday today. Ugh, I hate this day. I feel useless. Wanna know why? Parents. I can't take it anymore!" She stopped there and then stared at the lake in front of her. She loved the feeling of the wind blowing against her face, which made her hair swift in sync with the wind. She murmured, and then smiled. It was the first time she smiled on that day, and she knew that. She then closed her eyes and reached dreamland.

------------------------------------------

Madi opened her eyes and her mouth, letting out a mass of carbon dioxide. She checked her watch and read that the time was five post meridiem. Oh no! She was sleeping there for four hours. "Goodness gracious! I didn't do anything productive today." She said to herself. She stood up and stretched her arms. She quickly looked at her phone and was in shock that nobody had messaged or called her.

When she reached home, she was uncertain whether or not her parents were asleep. So she quickly prepared for bed, and then threw herself in it. She suspired, and decided to stand up. She turned on her laptop and signed in on facebook. She remembered that George had sent her a friend request.

She finally accepted his friend request, and then decided to read a book. After some time she heard a popping sound emitted by her laptop. She checked it and found a message from George.

"Heya, potato! Thank you for the accept. In short, TFTA." She smiled at his message, and then chuckled.

"Lil' penguin! It's my pleasure."

"Why are you still awake?" He replied immediately.

"I just came home like a while ago. Aaaand... I remembered you told me that you sent me a friend request. So, I decided to accept it. Also, I'm in my reading mode."

"Ha! How sweet. You remembered. Where were you? So, you read novels huh?" He said. Okay, maybe typed.

"Yeah, yeah. Do you?" She ignored his other question.

"Noooo! I do not!" He replied speedily.

"Well then young man, you should try it some time."

"I would read it if you read it with me." She blushed at his reply.

"Well... It will be hard to read a novel together. Just try. Read whatever genre appeals to you. I promise you it will be worth it!" She had always loved reading novels just like how she loved Math. The type of novels she read were mostly the Harry Potter type of novels. She was not a Potterhead though. She just liked fantasy.

"Aha. Okay then. If you say so, my potato." She saw his reply, but she fell asleep without knowing it.

Writer's note: Hey guys! I finally updated this! It's our exam week, so I have been busy (still busy). But... I decided to update this, because I'm just at home. Why? 'coz I'm sick :(

So, what do you think Madi did to herself? And who was that 'mysterious comforter' in the hallways? Y'all better theorise whilst I type the next chapter!

Oh, and... I'm so sorry for the mistakes in my past few chapters. I promise I will revise them as soon as I'm done with this novel.

Hope you guys will vote, comment and share! God Bless!

xx

Remy