Chapter 9: The Help

What to do, what to do, what to do…Madi thought. She did not expect to see Brandon at all, and she had no idea that he was in town. Why did he come back here anyways? She asked herself.

“I bet you’re wondering why I’m here…” Madi started to quiver, as her cheeks turned a little bit pinkish. “Uh yeah.” She murmured.

“You remember Charlie?” She nodded.

“Well… He’s gone.” Wait, what? Gone? Where? She was starting to talk to herself since Brandon got there, and it was not good at all.

“Hello?” Brandon snapped the life out of Madi, as a result of her quivering again.

“Please stop scaring me.” Madi looked away.

“Sorry… I missed you.” He whispered to her ear. He did it slowly, as he placed a peck on it. She could feel some liquid coming out from the corner of her eyes. Please, Madi, don’t do this. But instead of listening to herself, she hugged him tightly and started to cry. She cried harder as she remembered what George had done to her, her friends, her parents… Everyone! But now she let it all out right there. In front of the man she used to be with. She still loved him, but not that kind of love she had for him years ago. She cared for him though, for she kept a special place for him in her heart since he was her first love.

As soon as Brandon let go of her, he wiped her tears away as he began to say something.

“Charlie died in a car accident.” He said, looking down.

“I… Uh…N-No… He was a good person. Even though he beat you up that bad, he still was a good person. I…” She did not want to continue whatever she wanted to say. All she knew was Charilie was dead, and that was the reason why Brandon was back.

“The funeral is next week.” Madi nodded in reply.

As minutes passed, which seemed like forever, Brandon started a new topic to talk about. Something Madi did not want to talk about at all.

“There’s something wrong.” He said.

“What?” She replied looking at him, confused.

“I can feel that something’s wrong with you, Madi. Tell me.”

“I, uh…” She did not want him to know about everything, especially about her parents. So, she just decided to talk about George. She explained everything in a snap and she felt good when she did that.

“You know, you don’t know the truth.” Brandon began to say.

“What are you talking about?” Madi raised an eyebrow at him, as she smirked. That was the first time she smirked in front of someone. Oh, no. Now I feel arrogant. She said to herself.

“You only heard from some of your friends, darling. And remember, Penny was actually not with them when they came. So, maybe Penny knows what really happened. That’s why she kept on saying and screaming ‘No!’ to you.” Brandon had a point. But everything seemed too late for her.

She… “I ruined everything”, she actually said that out loud without knowing it. She sighed and screamed.

“No, you didn’t. Take it easy.” Brandon said, trying to comfort her.

“You don’t understand. My parents? You know what’s going on with them? They’re still like that. Ever since they took me to a psychologist after you got beaten up, they’ve been really cold. Plus, they don’t understand me anymore. It’s like I’m always the one to blame. And because of that, and George, I did… Uh… I did…” she pulled out her sleeves, and…”this.”

They were scars. There were a lot of them. Most of them looked really fresh, and some looked a bit old. But it still shows that it was just recent.

“WHAT THE F?! Madi! Why did you do this?! There isn’t any good reason for you to do this. Yes, your parents might be a pain to you, and George… Well George? He seems like a good guy. He did one silly mistake and you still don’t know the truth after all. You shouldn’t have done this, Madi. You shouldn’t.” He began to cry, tightening the grip of his hands on hers. He saw her with bruises that were not meant to be there. It was his entire fault, he thought. If he could have came earlier…

“I’m sorry, Brandon. I really am.” She started to cry too.

As both of them came to a point where they stopped crying, Brandon kissed her forehead.

“Madi… Don’t ever do that again, okay? A lot of people love you, and that includes me. Don’t try to kill yourself before it’s your time. Go with God’s will.”

She began to laugh. “When did you become being so spiritual, huh?” She smirked, again.

“I know… But it helped me. And it can help you too. Start talking to Him. Do that by praying. It’ll help. I know that because it helped me. Oh, and by the way… Fix everything with George and your friends?” He smiled. She nodded in response and hugged him as tight as she could; as a thank you, that is.

“Okay, okay. You’re welcome. N-now, c-can you p-please let g-go?” Brandon said as there were some pauses in his sentence.

Madi chuckled and let go of the poor little boy. Maybe everything he said will actually help her, and those scars on her wrists might actually fade away.

-----------------------------

Writer's note:  ☺ Hey! So if you all noticed... Chapters starting from Chapter 5 has the title that starts with 'The' *bla bla*. Yeah, it means that those chapters starting with The are unexpected chapters. Like, something new... Like for example, George having that bet with Jake, and so on. So yes... I'll try to upload a photo of Madi, George and Brandon. But for now... Look at the image on the side. It's Brandon ♥ Yeah, he has a tat. >.<