Chapter 8: The Truth

“Uh… Where are George and Penny?” Light asked as she stopped staring at mid-air.

Rose was confused. She did not know what Light was talking about. She started to search around, trying to find the two people that were with them. But somehow, she had failed to do so. They were both gone. And she knew where they had gone to, and she bet that every one of them knew.

George and Penny could not stand that Madi was hurt because of a lie. Penny came to a halt after all the running they did, as she tried to catch her breath. George saw that she was struggling so he held her hips and quickly carried her on his back. Penny chuckled and before she knew it, she could feel the heat rising up from her cheeks. George laughed and continued with the little game they were playing. Penny was actually having fun at that point. But after some seconds, she immediately felt numb. She was thinking of Madi.

“I wonder what she’s up to.” She murmured. Without thinking of who she was pertaining to, George immediately answered and knew who that she was.

“I hope she doesn’t do anything stupid.” George said honestly. And with that, the both of them stayed quiet.

They were almost near Madi’s house, but Penny stopped and gazed at the house. There was a guy in front of their door. He had dark brown hair, just like George’s. But, George’s hair was somehow silkier than that guy’s, she thought. The guy had a very fit body. He actually looked familiar to her; her mind was blank on who that guy was.

The door of the house slowly opened and Penny quickly pulled George at the corner nearby.

“What are you doing?” George asked calmly, which Penny found sweet.

“Shh… That guy,” she pointed, “he’s familiar. Really familiar…” Penny said in a mysterious tone.

They peeped through the corner and saw the face of the guy.

“Oh my!” Penny screeched. Hereupon, George smushed his pointing finger onto her lips, as Penny widened her eyes and appeared rosy. He flinched and immediately placing his finger away from her soft lips. He turned away and said, “W-What?! You shushed me a while ago, and now you’re being loud!”

Penny ignored what he had said and lowered her head. “That guy… He’s… He’s Brandon.” She finally remembered who the guy was.

“Brandon?” George asked with a puzzled face. Is he something to Madi? He thought.

“He’s… Uhm… He’s Madi’s ex-boyfriend.” She replied.

George remained still, like he was in another world or something. He did not say a word nor moved a single inch. He was just still. He then sat on the floor and closed his eyes.

“Hey… Are you okay?” Penny looked worried. He had never seen him like this before. Was he jealous? She thought.

“It’s just that… Uh… You know… She’s angry at us and all that because of something that is false. So, I feel bad of course.” He was a bad liar, he thought. And Penny knew that too.

Penny raised an eyebrow at him. “Damn it, George! Just tell me the truth!” Penny exclaimed. She was not angry at him. No, not at all. She was just worried for the both of them – Madi and George.

“Fine… I just didn’t know that she has a boyfriend… Well, had perhaps.” George said.

Penny sat down with him and looked up, and then looked back down. “Well, Mr Davis, you do not know a lot of things about Madeline McArthur.” Before he could answer, Penny continued with her talking.

“Brandon was the guy Madi was madly in love with. He was the guy who was meant for her, but then everything changed…” She paused for a while, and then continued. “One night Brandon was beaten by his friend, Charlie. Charlie was jealous of Brandon. Well, because…”

“He liked Madi.” They said it contemporaneously.

“Yeah… That’s it. So, I wouldn’t want to give you full credits on that. But anyways, Brandon moved away so that not one of them will be hurt because of their love for each other. Madi agreed on his decision, because she didn’t want him to be hurt too. So yeah, he left. But he left her… heartbroken.” Penny stopped. She wanted to cry, but she held back her tears. She did not want to show George that she was weak. She was not weak at all.

George looked down. He felt broken just listening to the words that she said. Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by Penny.

“You like her don’t you?” Penny looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Huh?!” George exclaimed.

“Madi. You like Madi.” She said quietly, still staring at George’s eyes, as she smirked; still waiting for an answer.

“No. I mean yes. As a friend, of course.” He said, and then started fidgeting.

“You can trust me, you know.”

“I only like her as a friend.”

“Ooohh? Really? Then, tell me what you think about Madeline McArthur.” She said, with some flirtatious look in her eyes.

“Hmm… Well then, I shall tell you what I think about the most beautiful girl I have ever met. The most funniest, cute, and weird… But of course weird in a good way. She’s fun to be around, and it’s like she makes me complete. But, whenever we talk, there’s always one topic that will hit her and just break her into pieces. I have no idea what it is, but I shall let it remain as a mystery. Albeit, I am no Sherlock Holmes, I guess I have to find out about what is hidden beneath those sparkling brown eyes…and try to atleast do some CIA magic.” He paused and stared at Penny.

“Penny?” George asked, still staring at her.

“Yes?”

“I like Madi.”

--------------------------------

Writer's note: Hey beautiful people! I am terribly sorry for updating after a very long time. I was really busy because of exams, and I was experiencing some 'blue' days... Anyways, this is Chapter 8, guys! I hope that you found it beautiful! Stay awaited for the next chapters that are coming your way, for I know that it'll be something that you wouldn't expect at all.