Author's Notes

Hello there fellow truth-seekers.

It's so nice to finally get some viewers. Well, I guess you would be readers, wouldn't you? Old habits I guess. I usually don't do this sort of thing, because you know...impending doom and all. Blogging is always so much faster and then there's my crippling fear of the dissapointment when people do read my stories, but people need to know the truth.

I know. How ironic. The journalist with a fear of writing. I'm working on it, ok? Oh yeah, you probably don't even know who I am to begin with. Sorry, of course. I guess I should introduce myself.

 I'm Laura Hollis and this is my story. Thank you so much for coming to read it, it means more than you know to have people reading this. I'm guessing if you're here then you're just as confused as I was once. You don't know how hard it was for me to write this, but I needed to do it. People need to know the truth. What I'm about to tell you is a story about fate. A story that needs to be told.

It's also a story about love conquering all. So if you don't like all of the sweet and gushy parts, then I don't know what to tell ya'. So go ahead and sit down. Grab some popcorn and get comfortable, because we're going to be to be in for one long night. As someone important to me has once said, buckle up Creampuff(s).

Oh yeah and sorry to get all cliff hanger-y, but sometimes a girl's gotta manufacturer her own excitement, you know?

Also, the music that I've added to each chapter is just for a special touch. It doesn't by any means mean you'll miss out if you don't listen, but hey, every good story deserves a song so if you do, it will definitely add some meaning behind everything. Each song was carefully picked out.

You may not like the type of music, because it's not the genres you like to listen to, but most of the songs however are what I, Laura Hollis, do listen to. Chillpop, Chillstep, Indie, etc. Some of them are even featured from my tumblr page at laura2theletter.tumblr.com that you should check out if you can. Even some of them are from Carmilla's page too at heycarmilla.tumblr.com. She'd kill me if she knew that. Be warned, it's the pages of a broody vampire after all.

Carmilla would probably kill me if she knew I posted this too, but she knows by now that she couldn't stop me if she tried.
Playlist Available

at https://open.spotify.com/user/12153062134/playlist/3zNiDquDXUyijpnDoM43Sn
Vampire Smile -Kyla La Grange -Prologue
(The Story's Theme Song)
---
My Silver Lining -First Aid Kit -CHAPTER 1
(Lauras Tumblr)
---
Welcome to the Jungle -(Covered by) Novo Amor -CHAPTER 2
---
Slow Decline -Elsaine -CHAPTER 4
(Carmilla's Tumblr)
---
Back in Black -AC/DC -CHAPTER 6
(Dedicated to Carmilla)
---
Tell That Devil -Jill Andrews -CHAPTER 7
---
No One Believes Me -Kid Cudi -CHAPTER 8
---
I Believe -Nico Vega -CHAPTER 9
---
Animal I've Become -Three Days Grace -CHAPTER 10
---
Hybrid -Elsiane -CHAPTER 11
---
Demons -Brika -CHAPTER 12
---
Soundtrack 2 My Life -Kid Cudi -CHAPTER 13
---
Don't Believe It -Molly Moore -CHAPTER 14
---
Issues -Julia Michaels -CHAPTER 15
---
Pursuit of Knowledge -CHAPTER 16
---
Weak -AJR -CHAPTER 17
---
Holly Tree -Dar Williams -CHAPTER 18
---
Area 51 -Draemings -CHAPTER 19
(Laura's Tumblr)
---
Mountains -Yuna -CHAPTER 20
(Cool note, the album is called Nocturnal. Also featured from Carmilla's tumblr)
---
Love Stories -Little Daylight -21
(Laura's Tumblr)
---
Light -Han Solo -21
---
Swayze -Karate -CHAPTER 22

Summary:

This is a story about your own fate against all odds, seeking redemption for the one you love, and better yet, it's a story about saving the world. How cliche, am I right?

Journalism is a tough trait to follow. I call it a trait because it was something I was born to do. To seek the truth.

That's why I had applied for Silas University. It was chalk full of mysteries and I was looking for the perfect story. Little did I know that's exactly what I would find.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone through that tomb, or maybe I should have never looked at those tapes, and better yet, I guess I should have never looked through that book, but if I hadn't, I would never have gotten to sit here with Carmilla.

As we both watched the sun come back up over the horizon we thought about everything that had taken place since we had become roommates and we thought about how cliche all of it sounded. But it wasn't cliche. What had happened, happened to us. As a journalist I've learned to be careful when you go looking for things, you just might find your story.

I'm Laura Hollis and this is my story.