CHAPTER 5: MOONLIGHT CRIMSON RED DEMISE, FALLEN LILLIES FROM WAY UP HIGH

"The slender red water-lily Peeps dreamingly out of the lake; The moon, oppressed with love's sorrow, Looks tenderly down for her sake."
Heinrich Heine

---
Stop and you had all that you wanted
Stop and try, open a quick stop
Shopping out, talking about war
Why you gotta be like
Love, lost but not forgotten
Take your time, you always act like
World War IV is knocking at your door
Will you be around now
---
Young legends die all the time
But I don't mind, don't close your eyes
Don't say goodbye, or be unkind
Don't do it, don't do it
Young legends die all the time
But I don't mind, don't close your eyes
Don't say goodbye, I know you'll try
Young legends die and so will
---
Stop, you had everything counted
You never doubted, one, two, three, only a day away
Where you gonna go now?
Shut me down, got to let go
Underground we'll last forever
So if on your way down, let's go now
----
Young legends die
Young legends die
Young legends die all the time
And so will
And so will
And so will
"Young Legends" -Sleigh Bells
(Featured off of Laura's Tumblr @laura2theletter.tumblr.com)

CHAPTER 5

---

All the bursting emotions that I've been experiencing up to this point had truly wrecked me havoc. The lack of sleep. Tossing nightmares. Sugar diets to keep me awake. Actually, the last one was a normalcy.

The slumber I had escaped into was blissful. Couldn't it always be like this? Something you starve for, once you have it, can feel so enlightening.

Although the lack of sleep was stress induced, it had become a downward spiral of the snake eating it's own tail. Once I'd gotten myself worked up about school and then the insomnia to top it off, the idea of leaving home had become too much.

Why else would I see a wild animal and then start making assumptions that it was conscious? It even...seemed like it had recognized me. The idea was so strange. I will admit, that as soon as I laid eyes on the creature, I felt a wave of intensity. A feeling I can't quite place.
Also, owl brochures being a sign from my mom? Who thinks like that? People who haven't any sleep, that's who.

It felt like Betty had been an angel roped down from the sky just for me. She had me unpacked and ready to go as soon as she'd gotten back. All of my belongings that I had considered sacred throughout the years, were now decorating my side of the room, creating a comfortable illusion of home. Almost all of them anyway.

There was one thing, however, I had decided to leave packed. My glow in the dark stars were kept in the box in the shared wardrobe. They had brought me comfort throughout my whole childhood, and I had packed them in hopes that they would do the same while I was in college.
But I decided it's time for me to grow up, and move on from childish ways. At least most of them. I was in college now, and I don't need to be putting stars up on my ceiling to feel at ease.
That microwave we had corresponded about? A brand spanking new microwave had been tightly hidden under the stupendous colluders bed. It was embarrassing, but at least she was understanding. Well, Dad, it looks like radiation is going to be a new daily factor, cause this girl is going to start experimenting with easy meals she can make within the confines of her own dorm room.

Speaking of daily radiation factors. The mess hall will be avoided as much as possible. Hence the microwavable cuisine options. Choices are dwindled down between getting staph infection and colitis, or just possible cancer. The carcinogenic box was more appealing than the chow they served at the mess hall. I'm pretty sure they had eyeballs in them. Chalking it up to some sort of vegetable soup, I kept eating it, until one of the 'eye balls' rolled around and looked at me.