CHAPTER 9: IGNORANCE ISN'T ALWAYS BLISS

"That is just the way with some people. They get down on a thing when they don't know nothing about it."

Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

---

I was standing in the corner,

When you walked in to come over.

You said,

"Come on girl, join the party. You look lonely."

And then suddenly I replied, I said

"I'm afraid of almost everything, I'm not sure what kind of songs to sing."

And when I met ya, you made me think.

That I could be almost anything, that I could rise above it all endlessly and you brought me back to life.

---

I believe,

I believe,

I believe,

That this is your life and it can rule you.

You believe that things are better when left unsaid.

Well you're a fool 'cause you don't believe anything good can happen to the people it should.

Well I believe in you,

So get over yourself.

---

No one had ever spoken to me like that.

Uh yeah, it kinda turned me on.

But I was foolin'

Actin' cool and

I was hopeless

Well I'm better off on my own.

Well I'm afraid of almost everything,

I'm not sure what kind of songs to sing.

And when I met ya, you made me think.

That I could be almost anything.

That I could rise above it all endlessly.

And you brought me back to life.

You believe that things are better when left unsaid.

---

I wanna help you.

I wanna get you.

I wanna help you out,

But you've got to let me in.

"I Believe" -Nico Vega

---

The nights seemed to creep up faster than the mornings. Once they had, it seemed as if the light would never return. It had gotten late, so LaF and Perry left me to my own devices. Which was Carmilla and her grueling insistence that I was imagining things.

She sat there on the bed, across from mine. Nonchalant and ultra cool about everything. The typical scenario. The small town girl that isn't self centered, whose clothes aren't chic, but her heart is warm; does all the work while the non-caring, callice girl of a roommate gets away with sitting by, reading her book, because she knows how to rock leather pants.