Chapter Five

Natsu stared at this paper for five minutes. No way... this was what he had been trying to avoid! There, as plain as day, on top of his quiz.

F

How could this happen? He stayed up studying all night to make sure he got everything! This is a disaster. He already decided that he was going to do great this year. He promised himself that he was going to get all A's. The last three years he had sports, but now? He has no excuse... except a girl.

He wanted to slam his head against the desk. To even say that to himself that a girl distracted him from passing grades pissed him off. How lame.

Natsu use to be one of those guys that thought high school was going to be parties and fun, but hearing the school counselor tell him that if he didn't try harder in school he wont get into a good college. Unfortunately she told him that his junior year. After that he swore to do better. Senior year was suppose to be perfect, different.

Staring at this F, it was like all his efforts were going out the window... He felt totally defeated. Whats worse is he has a horrible headache right now. It was bordering on a migraine.

"Natsu, you alright man?" Gray asked to his left. Natsu was rubbing at his temples with his jaw clenched tightly.

"No." He grumbled. "I think Im going to the nurses office. See you later man." With that natsu got up with his stuff and left. Opening his eyes at the light was a struggle. Everything seemed to agitate him. Natsu just kept his eyes closed and headed to the nurses office. It wasn't hard because he knew this school inside and out.

"Natsu?" Lucy's sweet voice called out to him. he felt her hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright?" She asked. He could hear the concern in her voice. Unfortunately right now, he couldn't take it.

"Im sorry Lucy but I need to go ok?" He peeks out at her, and just as he suspected she looks worried.

"Let me help you ok?" His migraine was worsening. His vision was starting to blur.

"Im fine Luce ok? Just go back to class." He gritted.

"Natsu I just want to help-"

"I dont need your help, alright?" He snapped. "Im fine, I was fine before you got here and Im fine now! In fact it might have been better if you stayed at your castle." He vented and continued on his way to the nurses office. Leaving behind a hurt Lucy.
.
.
.
"You have a fever Natsu. You've been working too hard. Im going to have to send you home. There is nothing I can do for you here. Take a couple of these and take a nap while I call your parents." The nurse appointed and went back into her closed off office.

Taking the pills as instructed he laid back in bed. Natsu felt awful for what he said to Lucy. He didnt mean it, it just slipped out. There was a time when he felt like that, but not anymore.

He wanted to be able to focus and study this year but, since Lucy arrived... Coming to school has been fun. The blond buxom female was a Princess of a nation called Fiore and for some reason decided that Fairy Tail High was the school she wanted to go to.

Natsu was never a big believer in fate or destiny but... for her to come here of all schools, and get seen by him in just shy of a month of attending this school. That can't be a coincidence...

"...Natsu?" A voice beckoned him from sleep.

"Lucy?" He whispered groggy. He reached around, still not being able to open his eyes.

"Im right here, natsu." A pair of hands wrapped around his. He squeezed with all his might.

"Im sorry Luce. I didnt mean what I said."