Chapter Eight

Natsu's glass of water shattered as it hit the floor. He stood shell shocked at the turn of events. His parents were just as surprised. Even Lucy seemed shocked. He saw the King pause in mid step beside the Queen. He stared at his Queen in disbelief while she smiled and everyone cheered for their princess.

"Uh natsu, whats going on?" Igneel asked coming up beside him.

"Marriage? Natsu I thought I warned you about protection!" His mom scolded him quietly. Natsu was hearing this but couldnt move. He stared at the king and queen. Looking for some kind of joke. Suddenly, everything made sense. She was planing this from the start! All the party nonsense, getting him and his family on a plane ride here just for the weekend. But... for a wedding?!

"Natsu are you alright?" He broke from his thoughts as Lucy tugged in his sleeve. She gave him a concerned look, reaching up to touch his face. Before she could make contact, he took her hand in his.

"Tell me you had no idea about the wedding your mom was planning." He knew it wasn't fair to say that to her but he needed to know. She looked surprised and shook her head vigorously.

"No, I didn't know." Her expression saddened. "Is getting married a bad thing?" She whispered. Natsu sighed, releasing her hand. Choosing his words very carefully.

"Luce, we are young. Isn't it too early to be thinking about getting married?"

"I suppose," she said unconvinced. "But you said you wanted to be with me."

"I do! Trust me, I want us to be together. Its just-"

"Are you excited Natsu and Lucy for your wedding?" Layla asked. Neither had noticed that she left the stage and the King was held back by people asking him questions about the wedding.

"Your majesty I-"

"L-a-y-l-a. That is what I want you to call me." She pronounced waving a finger in front of Natsu's face.

"Layla," he said with a forced calm. trying to not blow up in front of the queen. "I mean no disrespect but, why are you doing this? I just met your daughter not two weeks ago."

"Come now natsu, you two would have married eventually. Beside," her fingers interlaced and she looked out at the festivities. "Every mother dreams of throwing the wedding party for her children." She said dreamily. Natsu wanted to rip his hair out.

"Mother you really should have spoken to me about this." Lucy scolded with a frown. She waved off Lucys scolding.

"Yes, yes, well when its your children we will see how you react." Natsu and Lucy both blush. Kids?! This is too much!

"I need a drink." Natsu said treading past everyone to the alcohol. Layla stops him, grabbing his arm.

"First you need to address the people. Everyone is curious about you Natsu." Not waiting for a reply she dragged him over to the paparazzi. Yup. Its official, he has lost control of his life.
.
.
.
The questions revolved around who he was? How he met the princess? Was it love at first sight?

"Not really." He answered taking a sip of his punch that he wished was spiked at the moment.

"Really? Then how did the princess and you get together?" He was scared they were going to ask that question.

"Well.. you know how it is." Natsu laughed trying to play it off. The man laughed along with him.

"Ha ha ha, elaborate." He said seriously. Damn.