Chapter Seven

So a few of my friends thought my fanfic was a little dark, and I really don't want it to be dark so expect A LOT of fluff in the next few chapters!!

All I could do was look ahead, I couldn't look back down. I felt my heart start beating faster and faster as if I was running but all I was doing was lying in the hospital bed, crippled. It took several more minutes before I felt like I was able to move in my own body again.

I reached back down to pick up the rose that was laid across my lap, covering the white gown. I blinked twice trying to reread what was on the white slip. My hand was shaking uncontrollably as I read the note again.

"It's good being strong, but it sucks too when people know your strong and they still think it is okay to hurt you   -T"

I  felt tears starting to spring from the corner of my swollen brown eyes. It was probably pathetic but I felt this was actually the motto of my whole life. I knew I could be strong but no matter what I did to try to stop those who hurt me, like Tom, they didn't stop. I saw the words on the note start to get blurry as tears feel onto my cut up cheeks. I tasted the saltiness of the drops as they fell like rain drops falling from the cloudy sky above. Usually, I only cried when I was scared but these weren't tears of fear or even sadness. They were tears of a feeling I couldn't describe. I felt somewhat powerful from the short typed note. Stronger. I felt stronger.

I looked back down, wiping the remaining tears that were still clinging to my hot cheeks. "-T" "Whose T?" I asked myself. The sudden feeling of strength left me. I felt weak again not knowing why. I hate the feeling of not knowing. I furrowed my brow and tried to think of who might have sent it this.

Niall? No. He's very poetic and stuff but I don't think he's that deep or even the kind of person to write this. Emaan? No, she's already in Pakistan with Zayn and she was coming back next week so she couldn't have been here at all. Maybe Maggie? Maggie is my cousin, my favorite cousin but she probably would have said "Get better soon ya bitchhhhh <3" or something like that. Nothing deep. So who could it have been? Wait... it was from T...Was it from Tom? My breath start to shake as I imagined Tom sitting next to my unconscious body doing who knows what.

"Hold up Emma." I stopped myself and brought logic back into the world. Tom couldn't have sent this. He was stupid. He could never have thought anything as close to as brilliant this note was. Also, Tom would have been way too lazy to ever actually go and visit me. Like he hates me a lot and all but he only made my life miserable when he could reach me. I nodded reassuring myself that the note was indeed defiantly not Tom Parker.

I bit hard now on my chapped lip. "Who could have sent this then?" I pushed my brown straight hair that had fallen and was shielding my vision. I sighed and placed the rose carefully back into the vase again with the other flowers. I took one last look at the beautiful red rose before I laid back down on the very uncomfortable pillows.

I looked up at the ceiling, staring at the little black dots that were splattered all over the white ceiling. I saw Louis' blue ocean eyes looking back at me lovingly. I smiled at myself, getting excited to leave the protection of the hospital, so I could see Louis again. I had 3 classes with him now! Wheel-throwing, Math, and ugh Gym but at least I liked 2/3 classes. I shut my eyes, remembering how tired I was I started to drift asleep. I saw Louis' perfection in my mind and sighed as I left the world, letting Louis carry me bridal style into the fantastic universe of dreaming.

-The Next Day-

A soft cough woke me up from the universe of dreaming and brought me back into the horrible world of reality. I stretched my sore limbs making the little dinosaur noises has I cracked my back. I opened my eyes and saw my mother and two sisters standing on either side of my bed. I smiled at them as I sat up.

"Hey Emma dear. How are you feeling? Ready to finally go home?" My mother asked smiling at me, showing the little wrinkles by her tired eyes. I nodded as I started to remove the sheets that covered my hurting body. My oldest sister, Shay who was a junior at Stanford, handed me a pile of neatly folded cloths. My other sister, Selena who was also attending Stanford University but a freshman , sat down next to me and helped me put on my cloths as Shay and my mother started  talking about who would drive me to school on Monday.  I pulled on my black leggings, liking the tight, warming feeling they gave my cold legs. Selena helped me pull on my pink San Francisco sweatshirt and slipped on my tan Uggs. Just because I live in California doesn't been its always like 70 degrees outside all year round ok! Let's just get that point across, its cold here sometimes.

Selena helped me up from the bed while my mother and Shay waited for us by the door holding the get well cards and the flowers I received. My eyes went straight to that red rose before they returned to look back up to my mother.

We walked through the door and went to the lobby so my mother could check me out. Shay, Selena and I sat next to each other in the chairs as we waited. I looked out the window, watching people come in and out of the hospital. Shay was on her Iphone, probably texting her boyfriend or on Facebook. Selena was watching whatever was on the T.V fiddling with her wavy pool bleached hair. Unlike me, my sisters were the definition of perfection. Shay was really tall almost 5'10, straight dirty blonde hair that was tied back in a messy ponytail, and a preppy outfit on even though we were at the hospital. She had been the main lead for every single musical and play in Beverly High and was loved by everyone. Shay was studying to be a lawyer and was going to move to live with her boyfriend, Zac, next year.  Selena, on the other hand, was very athletic. She had broad shoulders and her usual dark brown hair was highlights with waves of blonde since she swim almost everyday. She made the school varsity swim team when she was a freshman, like Louis Tomlinson. Even though she made it into Stanford because of swimming, she really wanted to become a teacher and she would probably be could at anything she wanted to be. Compared to my sisters, I looked like a speck of dust on a trophy case while they were the trophies. They never were bullied in high school because not only were they not outcast like me, they were stars of the schools so no one would have a reason to pick on them. I haven't accomplished anything yet but I was going to change that when the Musical auditions started, I wanted to try to get the lead in Fame.

I sighed and stood up when I say my mother walking forwards us. I followed my sisters out, Shay was still on her phone while Selena made sure that I was able to walk without falling. I shivered as I felt the cold air slap my face. We walked to the black Volo that was parked on the curb. I slid in the back seat, Shay sliding in next to me as my mother and Selena sat in front. Shay handed me the flowers while Selena held on to the cards.

After I buckled myself in, my hand went immediately to the red rose. I unfolded the white note that was still attached to the stem.

"It's good being strong but it sucks too when people know your strong and they still think its okay to hurt you.  -T"

I let the words of the beautiful motto sink in my mind as I lend back on the leather seat and looked out the window watching the blur of cars whiz by was we drove out of the hospital and headed home. My mind wondered from trying to find out who "T" was and of course, the person who never really left my mind, Louis Tomlinson.

That was chapter 7!! I hoped you enjoyed it and I'm sorry for all the fluff!!! Who do you think "T"?