Chapter Sixteen

Let's just take a moment and appreciate the fact that I've spent more than 3 years of my life

On a man band like wow.

I need an award!!! let's go chop chop!!

Oh and also the fact that there is 2 updates in one week, your welcome you thirsty bitches :* but this is your reward for getting me to 4000 reads! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH <3

Time for chapter 16!!! It's going to be kind of deep, while maybe idk we will just see how it goes. Enjoy :)))))))

"Emma." Louis said in a firm voice, causing me to look at him. "People don't cry because their weak. They cry because they've been strong for too long."

I felt breathless for a moment, light on my feet as if I weighed nothing. I couldn't say anything, I just stared. Louis looked at me, with his usual bright blue eyes that where now somewhat dimmed. There was a mixture of sadness and worry. He traced one of his fingers over a scar on my shoulder. I felt the gentle touch of warmth spread throughout my whole body. I snuggled more into Louis, breathing his sent.

I some how managed to calm myself back down and Louis lifted me up and placed me down in a chair next him. I looked down, my cheeks suddenly flustering a deep shade of red.

OH MY GOD!

My eyes went so wide it looked like I had bug eyes. I had literally just fell apart right in front of the boy I love. I wiped my tears away from my redden face, trying to make myself to look somewhat decent.

"Haha." Louis laughed softly, his eyes turned a bright blue, that were sparkling in the darken hospital room. I looked down at my lap, even more embarrassed.

"Emma."

I turned my head slightly to the right so I was looking at Louis. Ours eyes locked causing butterflies in my stomach to emerge.

"Are you okay?"

"...Yes." I replied softly.

"Are you lying?"

"...Yes."

Louis place one of his tan hands over mine, covering them. I looked down at them, admiring how much out skin tones matched.

"You know what I think."

I looked back him. Louis was looking up at the ceiling, smiling. "What do you think?"

"I think. I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it feels like to be so slow and they don't want anybody else to feel like that. Am I right?"

I nodded. He looked back down at me, his hand still on mine and we sat like that. Not talking just staring. I frowned, feeling a wave of sadness over me.

"Smile." Louis said to me, smiling showing all his teeth. "Even if it's a sad smile, because what's sadder than a sad smile is the sadness of not knowing how to smile. I can't imagine how much pain your going through right now, Emma. But every strong person has a breaking point." He stopped and looked at me for a second before continuing. "And I believe that you hit yours. But you never really know how strong you are, until being strong, is the only opinion you have left."

I couldn't say anything. I sat there, in the stuffy hospital room, completely speechless and utterly dumbfounded. I knew Louis was smart and everything, but I never knew how good he was at turning feelings into words. I've heard it all before. Like "stay strong" and stuff like that. But how can you say stay strong, if your not strong yourself? I've told people about my problem before, usually just get the same responses, but never, have I gotten a response like Louis'.