Stay By My Side

"Are you sure you're okay to walk? You're still recovering and Shinra told you not to push yourself..."
I was walking beside Shizu-chan towards the hospital, I re-arranged an appointment about treatment. I say 're-arranged' but I mean Shizu-chan forced me to.
"Most people will be happier if I dropped dead then stuck around a little longer."
Shizu-chan glared at me "Izaya don't say shit like that! I don't want to go to the hospital either but you need to." He slowed down as we approached the enterance, I smirked at him
"Come on Shizu~ I need to make to my appointment in time" I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the hospital, I heard him quietly growl my name as we entered, I let go once we were inside. I then spoke to the nurse at the desk, sat down and waited. Waited for the doctor that gave me the bad news to help me, yet that help is useless.

"Izaya Orihara?" I looked up to see the doctor smiling at me. It was a kind offering smile but a fake, businessman type. The ones you couldn't trust but you are still lured in by them. I hesitated then stood and walked towards him, he continued to smile.
"Follow me please." He turned and walked down the hall. I followed but I walked as slow as my legs could, Shizu-chan was by my side. He grabbed my hand and intwined our fingers then squeezed it gently, I squeezed back and looked up at him. I tried to smile but was a failed effort, he squeezed my hand again and said in a soft whisper "It's going to be okay."
I just looked ahead and followed the doctor. Once we got to the room he held the door open, I hesitated but then entered and stood close to the door
"You can sit down if you'd like"
The doctor sat across from us with only a desk to separate us. Us. Me and Shizu-chan... he was here with me but I still felt alone... But when have I not been alone?...

"Izaya?" Shizu-chan stared at me, worry started to fill his eyes. I shook my head and smiled like everything was okay.
"Sorry!~ Started day dream" I tried to laugh, it sounded like my usual laugh. Fake. I ignored Shizu-chan's gaze on me and sat down, he stood for a minute just looking at me then decided to sit in the seat next to mine.
"Well," the doctor started with a smile "as you already know Izaya, we will start off with some more test and find the best option for treatment. Usually it would be chemotherapy but it also depends on what cancer you have..." the doctor continued to babble on about the types of cancer and what treatments there are. I couldn't take it, just let me die already. Who would care? No one. I have nobody there for me, not even Shizu-chan. He'll move on eventually, everyone does.

"So, shall we start by doing some more tests?" The doctor was still smiling at me, his smile was either painted on or was a mask. He didn't frown or pull any other facial expression, nothing but that fake smile was on his face.
"Will I be able to find out how long I have left? Without treatment?" I asked the doctor, my face was emotionless. I didn't try to smile nor did I frown, I stared with no emotion to show. The doctor finally frowned
"I'm sorry Izaya? Do you not want treatment?"
"No."
"Iza-..." Shizu-chan began to speak but sighed instead, he knew I wouldn't change my mind. I have no reason to stick around on this earth, no one would care anyway.
"We'll start with some tests and see how severe the cancer is then. Treatment might work if it's not so serious, you may reconsider." The doctor stood up "I need to book an MRI scan and some other tests, I'll be back in a moment" he leaves, closing the door behind him quietly. I then turned and stared at Shizu-chan who was already looking at me.

Shizous POV
I stared Izaya in the eyes, his face was emotionless. I've never seen him like this before, he always had that cocky grin slapped on. He shifted in his seat then moved over and hugged me, at first I was shocked but I hugged him back.
"Shizu.... please.... please promise me something..." he whispered, I knew in his voice he was scared.
"What is it?"
He pulled away and looked at me again, his face was now filled with sadness.
"Promise me you'll stay by my side?"
I tried to smile, just a little to reassure him.
"Of course I will."
He hugged me again, burying his face into my shoulder, it started to become damp. His body shook and clung to me as he cried.

___________________________

..... Exams and deadlines are going to be the death of me.... but first I need to release this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it. Also good luck to those who are taking exams and for others in the future. The ones who are done and passed well done! Hopefully I can release the next chapter on time... I apologise in advance if I do not...

Thanks for reading! ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ