2.

Error alert!

***

Helen and I are walking side by side as we parade to our lockers, still singing Mariah Carey’s song. Seriously, will it ever end because I guess we were singing the chorus the entire time and never ever reached the next stanza after it.

Yep, we are so noisy. It is as if the only people in the corridor are just the both of us, but tear us apart and I will be the most behave and the most silent, almost ladylike, person in the room. I do not know why. Maybe I am just so comfortable with her around. I talk to some classmates in the school, but only those who I am comfortable with already, and most of them are students who love to be in the shadows- geeks, nerds, and other forms of bookworms. I guess I am afraid to be with stunning and beautiful people, they are so sparkly and it is as if they are carrying that bright light with them. Well, my bestfriend Helen is an exemption of that. She is beautiful and smart, and her light is too bright for my eyes already. I mean she is already enough for me. I do not need to have other friends than her or I’d be blinded. So silly of me.

We do a hip-bump before opening our lockers to get the books we needed for the morning class when I catch a glimpse of Justine Summers walking with his friends. Yeah, Summers just around the bend, I thought as I remember a line from a Rascal Flatts song Red Camaro.

Gods! He is so handsome. He sure looks like that actor who played Four in the movie, I Am Number Four. If my memory is right, it was Alex Pettyfer.

Every girl in the room stop what they are doing and stare at him, and that do not exclude me. I will not let this time pass without giving him my full attention. Gods, he has been my crush for like forever now! He is smiling to everybody and waving here and there. Oh, he is the most famous of all the football players in the school. His other teammates who are walking with him are also handsome, but he is different. And I have learned that Helen is texting Joshua Alberts, one of Justine’s teammates.

He is getting nearer to me now. Oh no, I do not know what to do. Should I say ‘hi’ or just ignore him just like the bitchy-playing-hard-to-get-girl in the movies? Help! I grope for Helen beside me, but I couldn’t touch her. Where did this friend of mine go when I need her? I turn around to find her staring at me, enlarging her eyes as if telling me ‘Go girl, it’s your chance to say hi now.’

I shook my head in protest to her idea and all I get is another scary eyes from her. Justine is five steps away from me now. Oh no! What should I do? I am standing still, staring at him like an idiot, but I am shaking inside. Aw, my knees are shaking already, and my palms are spraying sweats! When he is in front of me, I am pushed from behind by no other than but my bestfriend.

“Oops! Sorry, my bad Ally!” She apologizes, but she doesn’t sound sorry at all.

I hear chuckles and laughter all around me when I came face to face with my locker door. Gods, my nose and forehead hurt from that collision! Helen will really get it! I fall to my feet and suddenly see dancing stars. I close my eyes and count one to ten hoping that these stars I am seeing right now would go away.

“Hey, are you okay?” A masculine scent engulfs me. Oh boy, and his voice is so manly!

“Yeah, I think so?” I answered with my eyes still close. I nod and hold my forehead. “Just give me another second please.”

When I open my eyes I saw Justine Summers kneeling in front of me! I blink many times to confirm that I am not dreaming. His green orbs staring straight into my brown ones. I am not convinced that I am not dreaming so I blink three times more and...it is really him!

“Oh my god! It’s you Justine Summers!” I whisper-shouted.

His lips broke into a smile, and boy, believe me, I almost faint. Gods, he is handsome from afar, but he is more handsome and hotter up close. I can see his freckles on his nose, the pores on his face, and the stubble on his jawline. Aren’t we breathing the same air with this distance right now? I try to stand on my feet and dust my pants.

My head is still spinning from the impact that makes me a bit dizzy still and almost lose my balance if not for his arm that directly hold my waist to give me support. An awkward smile comes out of me.

“Are you really fine? I think you should go to the clinic.”

“No I am really fine.”

“Oh, shoot! Your nose is bleeding.” I saw his eyes widen as he looks at me. “Here.” He said giving me the handkerchief from his varsity jacket which I pat on the dripping hot liquid I am feeling right above my lip. “You should go see a doctor.”

“No, this is nothing. It is nothing to worry about, it is far from my intestines. I shouldn’t bend over to keep it away from my stomach.”If I needed to see a doctor now, it would be because of the butterflies I am feeling inside my stomach. They makr me feel like I am high. I haven’t had drugs! It feels weird. Is this the feeling of being in love? Gods, my head is in the clouds!

“You are funny.” He chuckles. I notice his Adam’s apple move. He is so handsome. My insides are turning gooey. I do not think I can still walk after this. Helen would be having a hard time carrying me in a pail if I melt down.

Then the bell rings, signaling the start of the first period.

“Please, visit the clinic. It might be worse than it seems.” Pure concern can be seen in his eyes. “I am sorry I cannot go with you because I have a quiz in the first period. Whaaat?” He make his voice a pitch higher with his last word as if mocking his class. Then he turn and leave with his friends and I am left dumbfounded for a moment.

“I’ll just return your hankie after I wash this.” I call out.

“No, you can keep it.” He turns and waves at me. He gives me another smile and catches up with his friends again.

“I cannot believe it!” I hear Helen exclaim beside me.

“I cannot believe you! How did you do that to me? It hurts, you know! But thanks girl! It pays!” I wink at her and is glad that the bleeding of my nose has stopped.

“Let me see.” She says while grabbing the hankie from me to see my nose.

“Can you believe it?” I said excitedly. “Of course not! It was just like a dream! Boy, Justine Summers held me! He even looked at me and smiled at me!”

“Yeah, you were staring at him wide-eyed and your mouth was open like you were having a locked jaw.”

“Was not!”

We close our lockers and follow the corridor opposite Justine Summers way earlier.

“Thanks girl.” Another hip-bump and we laugh. “But your stunt really hurts.”

“Aww, sorry about that.” She gives me a side hug and laugh.

***
Support me as a writer and show some love to our princess by voting.