6.

Error alert!

***

My heart go insane instantly. It is hammering its cage, wanting to be freed. Shoot! Calm down, calm down!

I stare at him as I inhale his manly scent that is wafting all around me. He smells of something minty, probably it is his shampoo because his hair is still damp, or his soap.

Gods! He looks so handsome with his maroon tee. His blonde hair is a bit disheveled, and it makes him look more handsome. I want to scream, right now. I did not  imagine that Justine Summers will be sitting beside me at lunch! But here he is, smiling at me and we are staring at each other.

His presence beside me makes me feel a little uncomfortable at the moment. I have a difficulty in breathing because of my pounding heart. I take a sip of my juice, hoping that it will help me calm down a bit. Instead of calming down, I tensed when Justine’s arm accidentally touches mine that causes me to choke on my drinks. I cough to my side as juice spurts out of my mouth. Gods, this is just so embarrassing. Why am I so reckless.

Girl, you cannot show to him that he affects you so much. Come on, collect yourself. I scold myself as I wipe my mouth with the tissue.

“You are so cute, Ally.”

I stiffen at Justine’s compliment. He just called me cute right? I heard him right, right? I am not dreaming right? Right!

Then suddenly he leans to my direction and slowly he inches to me. Gods! He is definitely going to kiss me! Oh my gosh! My long time crush will be kissing me! Wait! I am hyperventilating! His warm breath is brushing my chin as he goes closer. It smells sweet and smells delicious. Oops! What am I thinking? Then his warm lips land on mine. It feels like heaven! Oh God, you can get me now!

“Hey Ally! Justine asked you. He want to know how are you.” Helen says, pounding the table then waves at me.

I blink many times. Did I just zone out?

“Huh? I am fine. I am fine. I guess I need to go to the powder room.” I stand and walk straight to the toilet without looking back.

Shoot! What did I just do? I imagined him kissing me? What on earth was that Ally!? I am unbelievable!

I open the faucet and splash my face with some cold water to ease up a bit. I hiss and splash some more water to my neck. Gods, I feel hot! I check my face in the mirror and I look like a ripe tomato! Horrible!

I cannot face him anymore! I just embarrassed myself in front of him. I take my phone out of my pocket and plan on sending a text to Helen. Why are you such a fool Ally!?

‘Nel, I cannot go back there anymore. I know I made a fool out of myself earlier. Just tell them I went to the clinic because of stomach cramps. Okay?’

I push the door of the cubicle and sit on the toilet bowl cover. Shoot, shoot, shoot! How will I face him again after today?

***

“What happened to you? You sure are starstruck or lovestruck by him. You just stared at him this lunch with your mouth gaping again. You look like an idiot. What was in your mind when you zone out?” Helen asks when she find me in our Literature class.

I tell her everything and she slaps my arm after it.

“You are such a dirty girl!” She says, pointing a finger at me. I enlarge my eyes at her and shrug my shoulders. “Well, try to undress him next time.” She giggles and pulls her notebook from his bag.

“You’re dirtier than me!” I snapped and buried my face on my notebook as I giggle. In my mind is a picture of him with his bare torso. Gods! Stop that Ally! Are you a pervert?

I try to focus on Mr. Parker’s lecture, but from time to time, Justine Summer’s eyes would pop up on my thoughts.

Quit it, Ally! I scold myself and started scribbling on my notes whatever Mr. Parker is writing on the board. Well, the best feeling in the world is catching yourself staring into the eyes of the person you love the most!

I giggle as I cup my cheeks. Helen elbows me and is looking at me with a frown. She must be wondering what happened to me, but let her be. I stick my tongue out at her and give her a devil smile. She snarls at me and shakes her head.

“You are crazy, Ally.” She murmurs and goes back to writing.

I may be. Well, actually, I am! I am super duper crazily into Justine Summers, the boy with the blond hair, green eyes, muscular body, and sexy voice. I shrug my shoulder when I hear Mr. Parker calls me and asks what is happening to me.

***

Okay. I’ll be left alone in the house again tonight. I hear their heels tic-tacking as they are going up and down the stairs.

Hell yeah, I am living in a room under the staircase. Isn’t it amazing that it seems that I am the one that is adopted by this house? The last time I checked, this is my parent’s house, and that means, this is also my house.

There are only three rooms upstairs and my most loving, most generous, kindhearted relatives, evicted me from my room when Irina and Irish turned thirteen. Hmm, that was four years ago. I stopped arguing with them about reclaiming my room because there is no way I can get it ever again. It will be a bloodbath! So nah, it’s all hers.

Well, I have learned to love it here. It is not much, but boy, believe me, this is the only place in this house that all three of them didn’t want to step on. Aw, the stairs above me is the exception, of course. I have a small bed here, a small night stand, my laptop, my beads, my drawer of clothes and some of mom’s, our pictures in frames on the walls, and few novels- romance and fantasy. I hear a good pounding on the door of my tiny room so I pluck out the earbuds from my ears.

“Ally! Come out here for a minute!” Aunt Marina called from the living room. She sounds irritated. Maybe she as been called ng my name many times already, but since I am listening to the music, I did not hear her. Well, when did she sound not irritated? Ah, my parents’ funeral. She acted like she was the most affected one and was acting so sympathetic to me. Pfft.

“Aunt Marina! You need something?” I greet her, putting my fake wide smile.

“Yes girl. I need you to clean the couch. Muffin pooped under it again. And don’t think about killing him. I’ll have you arrested by the Pet Society.” She smiles at me, enlarging her eyes. Her botoxed face, does not react normally. She looks like she is about to kill me, like the doll on the movie The Saw.

“Of course!” I answer and close the door.

Damn that cat! It poops anywhere in the house and I get to clean everything for them! Now where are you kitty kitty cat?

***
Support me as a writer and show some love to our princess by voting.