4.

Error alert!

***

Oh gods, my back aches from hauling everything back to its place. I am just so glad that everything is over now and I am on my bed, alone with Justine’s hankie. His scent is still on it. I put it on my cheeks and close my eyes to reminisce the events this morning. I love his smile, well to be honest, I love everything about him. He is tall and tan, his muscular arms, and his scent. Yes, his scent. I give his handkerchief another series of sniffs. But most of all, I love his eyes. They are green. I love them more when he smiles. It makes me wanna get lost on them. It is like a sinkhole pulling me in.

I yawn and is about to sleep when I remember the boyfriend app Helen signed me up for. I tap the screen of my phone and open the app named, The Boyfriend App. Hmm, what an intelligent application. Insert sarcasm here. Whoever made this badly needed money that he was not able to come up with a more nice name and just named it like that. Pfft.

I find out that I cannot change the vbf or the virtual boyfriend I am assigned for. So why did Helen choose Justine? Whatever her reasons may be, well this is just an app and my boyfriend is just a virtual one so it won’t hurt me if I send some ‘HI’ right now. Ha! Poor Justine, he didn’t know maybe that he is a virtual boyfriend to some desperate girls. I do not know if he knows or if somebody told him already. Well, maybe he knows because this app is trending to all the girls in the school. Even my cousins, Irina and Irish, have this app. I heard them screaming over their phone last week because their vbf were so handsome. That was according to them. Even aunt Marina signed up for this. Oh my g! What is happening in the world right now? I signed up for The Desperate Girls Community.

I am bothered by the buzzing of my phone beside me. I grab it and see that it is from my vbf. Hmm, whoever it maybe...well I do not care. It says ‘Hello’ and a smiley. Nonchalantly I reply ‘How are you?’ Seconds later it replies ‘I am fine. How about you?’

Whaat!? Is this a live conversation or a computer generated one? I regret calling this app simple. I am taking my words back. This is genius! Not it makes me interested on it.

‘I am fine too. By the way I am Ally.’

‘I know =)’

What? So he knows? Aw maybe because of the registration. Helen must have registered my real name, birthday, and address there. See, I did not know because before now, I was not interested to this kind of app.

‘And you are?’

‘Justine. Who else would I be? =’.’=’

My heart hammers like crazy again. What if this is the real Justine I am chatting with? What will I do if I meet him in the corridor or at the locker? Gods, I cannot face him.

I dial Helen’s number and hope that she is still awake. I am going to ask her about this app. I hope she’ll prove me wrong because I will really kill her.

After series of rings, she finally answers her phone.  “Hey, you remember that boyfriend app?”

“Of course. So how did it go?”

“Hmm, are you sure this is a computer generated conversation because if not, I am going to kill you for sure.”

“It is Ylla” She sugarcoats her sentences whenever she uses that inverted nickname of mine. “And do not worry, only you and I know that you have that app. Let’s go to sleep now. I am too sleepy here.”

That is it and she hangs up. A great friend right? She hung up on me. Since I am a bit sleepy also, I better send a good night message to my vbf whoever it is or whatever it is.

‘Good night too Ally. Sweetdreams. Dream of me, okay?=)’

What? Now I am wide awake! Isn’t this app a bit creepy? If only I am not seeing Justine’s face on the screen, I would think that it is an app that will give you nightmares.

***

5 a.m.

I feel so energized today. I woke up with great and renewed strength. Who wouldn’t have a great morning if your crush was in your dreams the entire night where it was only you and him walking among the flowers in the meadow and having picnic with him? He was so sweet in my dream. He even carried me on his shoulder and spun me around. Both of us were laughing until my alarm blared. Nah, spoiler!

I am so excited to see him again today and steal glances at him. I have to act fast before those devils wake up. I couldn’t let them ruin my morning.

I put on my hoodie over my tee. I do not think I can go out of the house not wearing any jackets. I write a note on a sticky pad and leave it on the table.

Gone to Helen’s. We have an assignment to be passed today and I was not able to do it last night. -Ally.

The thing about the assignment is just a lie, but I am really heading to Helen’s house. It has been a week since the last time I was there and I missed aunt Theresa already.

“Good morning. I am coming in.” I shout as I enter their house.

“Hey Ally! It is good to see you! How are you? I miss you so much!” Aunt Theresa gives me a hug and a kiss. She is in the living room when I arrive. Uncle Stephen just get in the living room from the kitchen. Well, he is the cook and a great one.

“Hey girl. It’s good to see you again. Come here!” He embraces me tight.

“Umm, where is Helen?” I ask after being freed from uncle’s hug.

“She is still upstairs darling. Just go and check her.”

“And also tell her that breakfast is ready.”

I run upstairs to find Helen. She is still busy applying foundation on her face, curlers are dangling with her hair. That are some of the reasons why I am so lazy to beautify myself. It is just so time consuming and I do not have the time to do it in the house.

“ Hey. Your dad said breakfast is ready.” I say before slumping in her bed.

“Hey! Good morning! So how is your virtual boyfriend?” she asks while drawing her upper eyelid with some eyeliner.

“Creepy.”

“What?”

“Oh, let’s just not talk about it. It gives me creeps thinking about it. I mean, we do not know who was doing that, I mean replying to you.” I answer rummaging her kit. “Would you mind if I use this?” I am holding a green hair clip in my hand, same color with my Justine’s eyes. She shakes her head so I smile at her. “Great! Now let me see.” I put the green clip on my hair and check my reflection at the mirror. “Hmm. Not bad. I am keeping this.”

My phone buzzes and when I check it, a message from my vbf is on the screen.

‘Good morning sweety. How is your sleep last night? Did you dream of me?’

“There! You see how creepy this is? Here it is, he is, or whoever it might be, asking me if I dreamt of him last night!” i say showing her the text message I just received.

“Isn’t it sweet?” She smiles at me as she applies lipgloss.

Sweet my eye! That’s scary!

***
Support me as a writer and show some love to our princess by voting.