Chapter 1 - Narrow Escape

I could hear the howling echoing from a few hundred metres away. I started to run. It was the wolf pack, and they'd come to feast on my flesh. Last time, it had been a lucky escape for me and Ellie, but this time, I doubt we'd escape alive!

Okay - a bit of an exaggeration, I was being chased by the Llangynwyd wolf pack, down the school corridors, but they are just as lethal and blood thirsty. Their team work and spirit is admirable, but being a pack of bullies however, is extremely unkind. However they're admired by the popular, older, children of our school, and dictate the younger, frailer population that attend here. Me.

Ellie and I exchanged glances and began to run, heading for the girls toilets that provided shelter from the boys. We dodged between several scowling students, and dived directly for the entrance of the toilets.

We'd made it, we were safe. For now. I leaned against the wall to regain my breath. Even though I was thin, I was extremely unfit, and gasping for air after an unwanted Monday morning marathon. Ellie, who was twice my weight was hunched over, hands on her knees, looking ready to be sick.

"I. Really. Need. To. Join. The. Gym" she panted, "I. Mean. Gosh. I. Knew. I. Said. I. Would. For. My. Diet. And. That. But. It. Just. Became. Official."

I could do nothing but chuckle, however the smile was wiped right off my face as Sophie emerged from the cubicle next door with a smirk.

"I think the world would be a better place for that, I mean nobody likes looking at a mess".

Sophie glanced at her posse which had emerged from separate cubicles and smirked. Gosh I wanted to slap that smile off her face, but I couldn't. Ever.

"But girls, what would the world be like if pigs weren't poky and obese?" Sophie cackled in her usual malicious way, causing shivers to run down her spine.

Ellie looked up expectantly at me, silently pleading for my help. My heart was screaming at me to stand up for Ellie, to hit Sophie, to do everything in my power to make her regret every single thing she'd done to torture us for the last few years.

However my brain intervened, and all I could muster up was, "Come on El, let's go".

Ellie looked disappointed with me, hoisted herself up to her usual height, and dragged herself out of the door, leaving a snickering Sophie behind. I hurried out behind Ellie, afraid to stand in the shadow of Sophie and her vicious posse.

"Ellie, I'm sorry" I called out, still running after the fleeing girl.

"What are you sorry for Leah, huh? For being a back-boneless best friend, for letting me down when I needed you? Yeah, well don't bother apologising, because that's just who you are" she fired back, turning around and challenging me.

I could feel tears beginning to prick my eyes, Ellie was my only friend, and without her, I would be alone in this ruthless school.

"You couldn't stand up for yourself either, so please don't act like this is all my fault! It's not my fault that we're unpopular, it's not my fault that the wolf pack have it out for us, and it's not my fault that Sophie is a spiteful good for nothing bi-"

"I know," she cut me off, "I'm sorry, I've just had enough of this stupid school, and the stupid people that are in it. I didn't mean to take it out on you, but you're what keeps me same and you weren't there for me".

I smiled, tears threatening to spill, enclosing her in a hug.

"I'm so sorry, you're right, we need to stick together if we're gonna escape this hell hole".

"Agreed" she chuckled.

The bell rang, and it was time for our first lesson, the only lesson we shared, double geography....

Hey, hey! Nice to meet you guys...this is my first fan fiction! I know it's a bit of a slow start but please bear with me! This authors note won't be long, honest!

P.S I know the wolf pack are lovely, I've met them, but I've changed their characters a bit to make it work...sorry if you don't like that!

I'd really appreciate any comments, feedback or votes. Please tell other MADones about this...thanks :)

***********************************

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
(To me (RachelEHarris99))

I have written this story myself, and therefore I intend to keep it for myself. So if you copy any part of my story, Things will get ugly! Don't use this story on any website without my permission, and if you want to translate the story, please let me know first, and give me all the credit. Now that we have the ground rules set out, proceed and enjoy the story!