Falling Action

Noah wondered why Claire didn't get in touch with him for few days already. And he haven't gone to their house cause he thinks it's a bad idea. She doesn't stare at him during class hours like she used to. No more connection from each other even though her house is just next door. Noah got worried so much. He can't take it if he'll lose her. Is he in love with Claire for real?

He found Claire walking at the hallway. He tried to walk to her but she was walking fast.

"Mrs. Peterson!"

Claire stopped. But didn't turn her head. Then she continued walking fast then entered to the vice principal's office.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked himself.

He just walked to the opposite direction and saw Kevin.

"Kevin"

"Hey Noah" he was with Allie.

Something awkward aired out. Noah almost forgot what to say.

"Busy nowadays, aren't we?" Noah started.

"Yeah. We haven't hang out much."

"I'm also busy. Uhm gotta go?" He said as he patted Kevin's back and smiled at the blonde.

Allie was just staring somewhere else awkwardly.

She thinks that Kevin doesn't need to know her past with Noah.

**

"Since it's Friday, don't worry I won't give any assignments."

The students yeeeeyed like kids.

The students went to their next schedules after being dismissed.

Except Noah.

Claire was still avoiding him.

"Mrs. Peterson."

"Go to your next subject Mr. Sandborn. I don't want you to get late." She said without looking at him.

"Mrs. Peterson can we talk please?"

"Is it related to our subject?" She asked coldly.

"Uhm.. about something else-"

"Then NO."

Claire walked out. But Noah pulled her before she could walk any further.

"Claire please what's wrong? What have I done? Let's talk about it."

"Noah, I don't care how you'll treat me or people outside the campus but when you're in the school premises please treat the teachers and other school staffs accordingly." She said and went out.

**

"Do you want a detention, suspension or.. expulsion?"

"What's your problem?"

"YOU are with the problem Noah," Vicky said annoyingly.

"Seriously? You don't have to interfere between me and Claire. It's none of your shits."

"Oh yeah? I'm Claire's best friend. I know her for a long time and I know her better than you do."

"Look, my only concern is, I don't want you to interfere between us. She's mine, okay? And I will do anything to make it up with her again." He said as he was leaving.

Vicky was surprised of what he said. She couldn't possibly believe that this boy is very serious with Claire. Or is he really serious?

Noah always seemed to be the hot but innocent-looking playboy/fuckboy-next-door type. But now he just sounded like a serious, matured, in love bastard.