He's my Savior, and I'm his Lover Part 5

• Dedicated to Daniel A.

I woke up the next morning with puffy eyes. They were normal for me, so I just used some makeup to conceal them. It was a Saturday, and Joey was no where to be found. Hmm, that was weird. What could possibly be so important to leave the house on a Saturday morning? Oh, yeah, work.

I headed downstairs from the bedroom Joey gave me to the kitchen. I smelled breakfast as I passed through the hallways. The maids were all doing housework quietly. They were probably anxious to go home. In the kitchen, I found bacon, eggs, and waffles in lots of plates all over the island counters. I was a vegetarian, never eating meat one in my life. So I passed the bacon and the eggs(I hated eggs), and went straight to the waffles. Grabbing a plate, I took a cup of orange juice and sat down at the breakfast table. I stared out the window at the garden while slowly taking in my breakfast. I must've been there eating for an hour or even more. I never ate quickly.

When I finished, I proceeded to the library. The maid had given me a tour yesterday, and I made sure to memorize everything in my mind. The library was vast, taking up two stories. I picked up Romeo and Juliet from a shelf and sat there on the couch reading it for a while...

I heard a person calling my name. "Jasmine! Jasmine!" It sounded like Joey. After what had happened yesterday, I wasn't sure I really wanted to see him since he blew me off. I just sat there and continued reading. He continued to shout my name through the mansion. I put the book on the side table and closed my eyes.

Joey's POV

I shouted Jasmine's name over and over again throughout the house. It didn't surprise me that she wasn't answering back. After what I did to her yesterday, I wouldn't talk to myself either. I had to make it up to her for ignoring her feelings.

I ran through the many halls, opening door after door to find no sixteen year old girl. Then I finally reached the library. I had a feeling she was in there. I opened the door to find her sprawled out on the couch, slowly breathing, and sleeping.

I slowly walked over to her, knelt down beside the expensive couch, and put my hands on her hair, smoothing it. She opened her eyes carefully, and I looked into them deeply and took in their mossy green color.

Jasmine's POV

I felt a hand on my hair, and opened my eyes to see Joey's face inches from mine. A flashback of yesterday poured through my head, and I shot up straight. He immediately took his hand off and began to speak.

"I'm sorry about yesterday Jasmine, I shouldn't have ignored you like that." He looked deep into my eyes, as I stared into his.

I thought for a little bit, then answered back. "It's alright. We barely even know each other. I wouldn't expect for you to have done otherwise." I kept my eyes on the wall behind him.

He was silent for a while. "Then how about we get to know each other now? I don't have any work for the rest of the day. What would you like to do today?" he asked me.

I hadn't been to the movies in a while. "Can we go see Nightmare on elm street?" I asked him, this time looking into his eyes.

He laughed. "Sure."

"Why are you laughing at me?" I made a pouting face at him.

"I just never expected you to be the type to watch scary movies." He continued laughing. I didn't really see what the big thing was.

"Well there's more to me than what meets the eye," I said back to him.

"Fine, just go get changed now. We'll leave in thirty minutes." He stood up and held the door open for me.

"Thank you." I said to him as I walked through them and headed up to my room.

I heard his footsteps fade away as he walked to his room. I skipped to mine and went into my major walk-in closet. I went over to the dresses and picked out a bright orange sundress and dark blue flip flops. I put them on and went over to the mirror, fixed my hair, and applied light, natural makeup. I went downstairs to get some water, then headed outside to see Joey leaning against his mustang.

"Ready to go?" he asked me.

"Yup," I replied and got in the passenger seat. Joey got in, brought the car to life, and we drove away towards the city. He turned on the radio, and Down by Jay Sean blasted through the speakers.

I had a feeling something good was going to happen today.

Thanks for reading!! please comment and vote!! I would really appreciate it!! :)

~~Kat~~