Protection

Alex was studying in his room when he heard a loud knock on his door. He stood up and walked to the door. Seriously, i just opened my goddamn notes and someones disturbing me already.

Alex opened the door and greeted the man in front of him with a nod. His dad stood in front of him holding a familiar small box.

"Son, um are you busy?" His dad asked. Looking a bit awkward.

What's up with his dad. He's a cop for christ sake, he's never awkward. He thought to himself.

"Um no sir," Alex answered politely. "I was just studying sir."

His dad welcomed himself inside Alex's room. "Chemistry? Hated that subject," Alex smiled at his dad. "So son... Uhm... Are you and that Justin kid a thing?"

Alex's jaw dropped as he waited for his brain to process his dad's question and his dad's bluntness.

"N-no s-sir we are-" Alex stuttered. His face tomato red.

"No need to lie son," His dad sat on his neatly made bed, he motioned for Alex to sit beside him. "I saw you guys kissing the other day."

Oh fucking hell. Jesus Christ, take me please. Right here. Right now. Alex thought to himself as his face turn from tomato red to period blood red.

"So are you and Justin together son?" His dad, back at it again with his bluntness. Must be a cop thing.

"Yes sir... He's uh... My boyfriend sir." Alex looked down, embarassed by his own confession. Boyfriend. The word is still foreign in his tongue.

Surprisingly, He felt a clap on his back. "Im proud of you son. Just know that my love for you wont change alright kiddo?"

"Yes sir." He felt warm. He wasnt expecting this. For his father to be this accepting. He smiled at his father and muttered a thank you.

"You should invite him for dinner tonight," His dad stood up, getting ready to leave. "Oh wait... I almost forgot" He handed Alex the small box he was holding.

His dad was smirking, Alex turned 50 shades of red as all of his blood climbed up on his face.

"I'll go downstairs and help your mom prepare dinner." With that, his dad is out of his room

Alex looked inside the small box he was holding. He knew it. He fucking knew it. It were condoms.

I hate myself. He thought to himself as he took out his phone, he texted everything that happened and asked Justin Foley, his boyfriend, if he can come by for dinner.