- 57 -

***Harry's Point of View***

"Thanks again for helping me out. I really didn't expect you guys to come after-"

"Yeah," I interrupt, cutting off Melissa. "No big deal." 

She had been thanking me repeatedly ever since she had gotten in the car. 

"Do you see her anywhere?" I ask, glancing around through the windows. We were currently parked in front of Amy's house just as Nicole had instructed. It had been about five minutes already. "She was supposed to meet me here by now." 

Of course a million possibilities clouded my mind. Maybe she got caught. Maybe she was injured. Maybe all of this went exactly how I had expected it to. I knew it was a bad idea. I just knew it. But she didn't listen to me. 

Of course there's the slim chance that I'm only psyching myself out. She could be completely fine. But I would only assume the worst. 

"She's over there," Melissa points out, redirecting my eyes to the street behind us. She was on the other side, standing there on the sidewalk with fear in her eyes. She glanced behind her, probably because an officer was right on her tail. Then back to the road, swarming with fast moving vehicles. I saw her hesitantly place one foot in the street, and my eyes went wide. 

"No," I mutter. "No, no, no, is she going to cross?!" 

She took a deep breath and got in a running position. 

"What the fuck is she thinking?!" I shout, although Melissa clearly couldn't answer a question like that. 

And then she did it. Just like that. She sped off through the line of cars, and just as she was about to reach the clearing, she fell to the ground. I felt like my heart was ripped from my chest, and my breathing was cut short as I opened the door and sprinted toward her. 

"NO!" I shouted as I got close enough to see her eyes shut. She was unconcious. "Nicole! Nicole please!" 

The man who hit her exited his car and started spewing out apologies, offering his assistance as he got closer. Eventually the cop who was chasing her caught up. He was out of breath, but still tried to near her. 

"Back up!" I yelled, holding her in my arms. I just wanted her to be alright. There was blood coming from her head and bruises along her body. "We need an ambulance!"

The cop nods and talks into the little radio clipped to his shoulder. "She's still breathing." I was talking more to myself than to anyone else. My face was wet with tears. 

What if she doesn't make it.

Soon enough I could hear the distant blare of the sirens. I didn't let go of her as the cars moved to the sides of the road. All the while Melissa stayed in the car, probably afraid of still being arrested. Thinking of herself as usual. 

Paramedics rushed out and forced me away from her. 

"She has to be okay," I tell one of them. "She has to live." 

None of them replied to me as they lifted Nicole into the back of the vehicle. 

"She has to be okay." 

AUTHORS NOTE

oops i lied. I said there would be 57 chapts and an epilogue but NOW THERES 58 AND AN EPILOGUE :D it might change still. I dont know I feel like it's all ending too quickly for such a long book. idk. idk. IDFK. leave a comment telling me how YOU think it'll end ;) or how you want it to end. either way. I guess we'll see :D THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! omfg last chapter got 46 votes i think?! like thats insane! i cant believe so many of you are reading and enjoying this! GAh it makes me sad to end :( I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! x