7 - The Kyln (2)

The Kyln

Andromeda's POV:

I am cleansed with an orange liquid that smells worse than 90% of the Ravagers and am given yellow prison gear to change into. The material is course and itchy but I suck it up because daddy didn't raise a wuss. I join the rest of the group as we are led toward what I assume is the main area. Unlike me, Peter complains about how the prison garb is itchy and how it gives him a wedgie. I can tell Gamora is already fed up. We enter a passageway with cells with prisoners in them. As we walk past, they start shouting vulgar remarks at Gamora.

"Murderer!"

"Coming for you first, Gamora!"

"You're dead!"

"You're scum! You're scum!"

Gamora isn't fazed by the shouting. However, Peter looks shocked.

"It's like I said, she's got a rep. A lot of prisoners here have lost their families to Ronan and his goons." Rocket explain seeing Quill's expression, "She'll last a day, tops."

Pfft, a day I think, she's a skilled fighter, she'll be fine.

"The guards will protect her, right?" Peter inquires.

"They're here to stop us from getting out," Rocket says, "They don't care what we do to each other inside."

Harsh but true

Gamora glances at them and retorts,

"Whatever nightmares the future holds, are dreams compared to what's behind me."

"Okay Yoda" I mutter under my breath.

Quill hears me and snorts. Gamora apparently hears me as well because she shoots me an icy glare.

As we enter the lunch hall we are approached by various inmates led by a great blue creature.

I zone out, I know what is coming: a show of power and masculinity. 

I start looking around trying to figure out a way to get out of this wretched prison. 

I'm jolted out of my thoughts by the blue creature's yells. Groot has pierced the inmates nostrils with his trunk and lifted him up in the air. I chuckle and look at the friendly Tree in wonder.

Rocket stand on a table to be seen.

"Let's make something clear. These two here are our booty!" He motions to Peter and I, "You wanna get to them, you go through us! Or, more accurately, we go through you." 

Done with the little show of power, I start walking towards our cells and everyone else follows. Inmates keep vocally harassing Gamora, but by now I've gotten used to it.

[---]

It is "night time now". Technically speaking it is always night in space but I'm guessing the Kylns clocks are set to Xandar time.

All I've been able to think about is how screwed we are. I can't seem to come up with a good plan on how to escape with only Peter.

Needing to clear my mind, I stroll over to where Peter is sleeping and I gently wake him.

"Oi, Peter, we need to talk" I whisper.

"What do you want Andromeda, it's the middle of the night"

"I've been trying to think up an escape plan all day, and it won't work if it's only the two of us. We need their help." I explain

"Their as in Rocket and Gamora's help?"