5 - The racoon, Kermit and Treebeard

Important Note: There is now a description/background info of Andromeda at the very start of the book if you want to read it feel free to do so. I'll also put it in the description. Thank you and enjoy you reading <3

Xandar

Andromeda's POV:

We enter Broker's facility where he has been set up for well over 50 years. It looks the same, white block walls emitting a blue glow with glass cabinets displaying his many little odds and ends lining the sides creating a path to his desk. His desk is littered with tools and objects he is repairing. Behind the desk there is a door that leads to a bigger gallery.

"Mr. Quill, Ms. Udonta" Broker greets us politely.

I nod my head in recognition.

"Broker" Peter says, "the orb, as commissioned".

Peter places the orb on the desk that Broker is standing behind.

"Where is Yondu?" Broker inquires with a very serious tone of voice.

"Wanted to be here. Sends his love. And told me to tell you, that you got the best eyebrows in the business." Peter says chuckling at the last bit. I let Peter do all the talking since he can lie more convincingly.

Broker just scoffs and starts organizing his desk.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's my policy never to discuss my clients, or their needs" Broker says like a robot. We've heard it dozens of times but we still ask.

"Yeah, well, I almost died getting it for you" Peter shoots back angrily.

I clear my throat.

"We, Peter. We almost died getting it for you" I correct him.

"An occupational hazard, I'm sure, in your line of work" Broker says sounding irritated at us.

"Some machine-headed freak, working for a dude named Ronan" Peter presses, telling Broker about our near-death encounter.

At this Broker stops working and looks up startled.

"Ronan?" Broker asks, his voice thick with fear. "I'm sorry, Mr. Quill. and Ms. Udonta. I truly am. But I want no part of this transaction if Ronan is involved" Broker finishes off sounding agitated. He grabs the orb, puts it to Peters chest and starts pushing him back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" Peter exclaims. "Who's Ronan?"

"A Kree fanatic, outraged by the peace treaty, who will not rest until Xandarian culture, my culture, is wiped from existence!" he replies sounding scared and very breathless.

"Oh, come on" Peter starts but is cut off by Broker.

"He's someone whose bad side I'd rather not be on".

"What about my bad side?!" Peter exclaims angrily.

"Farewell Mr. Quill" Broker shouts. He waves his arms so the door opens, pushes Peter out the door and closes it again.

"Hey! We had a deal bro" I hear Peter shout from the other side.

Broker turns around intending to walk back to his desk when he suddenly seems to remember I am still in here.

"Ms. Udonta I would -" Broker starts but he doesn't get to finish since I whip a knife out of my boot, pin him to a wall and hold it against his neck.

"Listen carefully for I will only say this once. I have to leave but I will come back. And when I do, you'd better thought of something to make it up for us or I will-"

"Aagh"

I'm cut off by Peters grunt from outside the door.

Fuck.

He's in trouble.

Again.

I open the door.

"You have been warned Broker" I say seriously before I turn around and run out of the facility.

I scan the crowd and find Peter who is throwing a laser rope at a green woman that has the orb. She falls and the orb falls out of her grasp. I sprint towards it as the same time as Peter. He gets there a millisecond before me and gets kicked in the chest by the green chick. He falls to the ground and they start having a fistfight. I pick up the orb and run. I look back and see that the green lady - whom I've decided to call Kermit - has been tackled by a ... racoon? That is accompanied by a massive moving tree. The tree - whom I'm calling Treebeard - is wrapping its branches around Kermit and shoving her in a bag while Peter runs towards me and tells me to run. I don't need to be told twice. We keep running until an airborne knife slices my hand that is holding the orb and I let go of it. It rolls off the edge of the first level path onto the ground level.

"Oh shit" I hear Peter exclaim.

Kermit jumps down from the first level and land 3 meters away from the orb. Of course she picks it up. Peter jumps down when she runs past our position and lands on her. I don't pay attention to what they do since I'm focusing on Treebeard and the racoon whom are walking toward Peter with the sack.

I start running toward where they are when I hear a heavy thud. I look back and see Kermit has smashed against the edge of the fountain. My attention is on Peter and the two creatures. They've managed to put him in the sack. I jump down onto Treebeard hoping he lets go of the sack but he just shakes me off and I fall to the ground a couple of meters away. Through the crowd I see Kermit chop off Treebeards arms. When she opens the sack with Peter in it she gets an electric blast in the face which completely knocks her out. Peter starts running away and I see the racoon get out a very big gun and point it at him. I start running at the racoon and I tackle him right after he shoots Peter. He doesn't even get a chance to finish chuckling.

"What the heck?!" the creature replies. I pick him up by the legs and throw him at Treebeard. The racoon collide with it but he manages to catch it and put him down on the ground.

Suddenly, 7 golden beams lift us up into the air (by us I mean Kermit, the racoon, Treebeard and myself). A male voice comes out from the speakers of the Nova Corps jets.

"Subject 89P13 and Andromeda Udonta, drop your weapons. By the authority of the Nova Corps, you are under arrest for endangerment to life and the destruction of property".

Out of the corner of my eye I see Peter get arrested too.

Fuck, we're in deep shit now.

------

Hi guys, I'm not dead. I'm sorry for not updating often but I've been busy... First I had writers block and when it finally went away I was really busy with school and then I went to Japan on exchange and now it's the holidays so I can finally update. I'll try to update at least twice more in the next two weeks but I can't really promise anything.

Thank you so much for reading <3 I really appreciate it. If you don't like this chapter tell me why in the comments. If you do I'd appreciate a vote, but if you don't it's also cool.

If you see any errors please tell me.