1 - Peter, Peter Quill

Andromeda Udonta

Description: Long maroon hair, chocolate brown eyes, 'bleu de france' blue skin, 5 ft 7

Father: Yondu Udonta (centaurian)

Mother: Unknown dire wraith disguised as a Terran.

Info: Due to her mother being in human form when giving birth and concieving Andromeda she has a human build with Centaurian traits.

---

Earth, 1988

"Andromeda, buckle up" Yondu harshly instructs. Man, I wish he would bend the rules a little bit for me, after all, I am his daughter.

"Yes father" I sigh as I walk away from the pilot window and sit down in the copilots seat and buckle the seat belt.

We begin to descend onto a planet that I haven't been on before, although that isn't hard. I'm only seven years old. Father tips the nose of the craft and I see what- or should I say who- is on the ground. A young Terran boy, no older than me with brown hair and and a checkered shirt looks up terrified as we beam him up. From what I can see I think he is screaming but the ship is soundproof so I am not 100% sure.

I quickly unbuckle and run towards the bay where beamed things go to.

"Andromeda" I hear my father yell somewhere behind me.

"Horuz, take the ship up" Yondu instructs his second in command.

I hear my father follow after me and I run a little bit faster. I arrive just in time,

"Stop it Yaban" I order just as he is about to bite down onto the unconscious' boys arm. I may be only seven but I am the captains daughter. If I don't get obeyed, I'll tell my father to throw them out into space.

Yaban looks up startled and backs away.

"Andromeda, what did you do girl" Yondu inquires.

"Father, they were trying to eat the boy" I reply.

"Aye, they can do that, they didn't require him alive" he says briskly.

"No, father. That is cruel. He isn't conscious to fight back"

"That ain't my problem"

He turns and starts walking away. I run after him and grab his arm and turn him around.

"Father, please," I say looking at him with puppy-dog eyes "I am so lonely on this ship. He is about my age, he could keep me company. Please father, I beg you"

He thinks about it for a minute and sighs.

"Okay darlin'. You are like your mother, so caring and chivalrous" he gently murmurs while stroking my face with his index finger.

"Oh thank you father! Thank you" I cheer while I hug him. I then let go and run back and drag the boy to a room near mine.

As I reach the door I hear the crack of the intercom and the voice of my father

'The Terran is not to be eaten, if any one of you take a bite outta him.... you know what will happen'

I smile and drag the boy into the room.

--- 1 hour later---

I cleaned the boys bruised eye and his slit lip. They should heal soon. I also but some sheets on the bed and cleared the dust. I made sure his bathroom worked (it did) and went to the kitchen to make some food for when he woke up.
As I walk down the corridor holding two plates with human food I wonder if the boy has woken up. My question is answered when I open the door and drop one of the plates as I duck a punch.

"Hey! What the hell!" I exclaim.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" the boy says trying to sound brave.

I move to put the plate on the desk and back away with my hands in the air.

"My name is Andromeda Udonta. I don't know why father picked you up, but for you information, I saved your life" I say the last bit very matter-of-factly setting my jaw.

The boy looks at me before he breaks down in sobs. I make him sit down on the bed and hug him. After he calms down we talk. He tells me about his home and how his mother just died of a disease called 'cancer' and that he has never met his father. I tell him about how my mother died during labor and that my father was apparently nice before then. He asks questions about space and why I am the colour I am and I answer everything patiently and with lots of detail. He shows me his 'Walkman' with some wonderful tunes and in exchange I sing him a centaurian tribe song my father taught me when I was 5. We talk for a long time. When I get tired I leave but before I close the door I realize something, I don't know the boys name. I turn around.

"Uh, what's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Peter, Peter Quill" he responds.

I smile quickly at him before I close the door.

That night, sleep is impossible. My thoughts are too occupied thinking about Peter. When I finally fall asleep I dream of exploring the Galaxy in a ship with Peter, and to be frank, I quite enjoy it.

Soooooo, what do you think? leave a comment with suggestions and feedback. The girl in the cover is Andromeda when she grows up. I'll explain Andromeda's origin sometime soon. Thank you for reading <3