Part 3

After seeing the text, Stephan made up an excuse to leave and I was left all by myself to think of an answer.

"God, what do I answer?" I asked no one in particular. My head was hurting from all the thinking already.

Why? Because I didn't know if I should go or lie to him. If I go, Markus is going to be mad at me. I still don't know what's up with Andreas. I don't want people to think I'm stupid. I don't want people bugging me about him. Why is life so complicated?

But if I lie to him he is going to think I'm a liar, think he is ugly or something and things.

And I don't want him to think that I think he's ugly. So I go with the first option. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it.

"Sure. When?" I typed and pressed send. I thought about sending an emoji but didn't want to look greedy. As I sent the message, I locked my phone, put it back in my pocket and went to search for my work out clothes. When I found them I put them on, took my adidas shoes and went outside.

As I predicted, the gym next to our hotel was full of ski jumpers, so I decided to go for a run instead. I put my earphones into my ears and pressed play on my phone. I love listening to music when I'm running.

I decided to go run through the forest. There is a nice path that leads to a river source in the middle of nowhere. 10 minutes into my jog, I felt my phone buzz. I stopped and checked my message. It was from Domen.

"As I'm a few meters behind you, we should just "go for a talk" instead." I read, widened eyes and looked behind me. He really was running behind me.

"Hi, I'm guessing you saw my message." He said, smiling. I was still in a little shock because he could see and hear me running like a dying elephant. "Yeah, I'm so sorry for your eyes and ears by the way. I hope you don't think I'm gross now." I said, hiding my face behind my hands.

"Why?" He asked me confused and I tried so hard not to roll my eyes at him. "Because I'm breathing like a dying animal and am sweaty as hell. Gross. Unfortunately." I laughed and looked at him. He was nowhere as sweaty as I was. Gotta make a mental note to ask him about it later. I need to know the secret.

"You aren't gross, stop. You look great." He said, giving me his half smile. I felt heat coming up to my face and I prayed that he didn't see me blushing. "If you say so. Should we go to the river source?" I asked him and he gave me a nod.

I started running again and he joined me right away. We were both quietly running, listening to the birds singing around us, slowly nearing the place we wanted to go to.

The moment we could spot the river source, both of us stopped running and walked over to the only bench that was placed near the river.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, glancing over to him. "Nothing in particular. Just life. Get to know you and things." He said, smiling at me. "Oh, okay. Then start asking me questions." I laughed, crossing my legs.

"Are you and Wellinger a thing?" He asked me at first and it didn't really susprise me. I started laughing at him and he had a weird look on his face. "What?" He asked and waited for my answer. "Nothing. We aren't. We are just friends. Who told you we were?" I asked him this time and felt curious. "No one, I just saw you two together often and thought you two are together because of the way he looks at you." He said.

"He doesn't even like me in that way, so no need to think we are a thing." I assured him again and he nodded. "Good. Because I get to do this, then."

I think my face looked like I was confused about my whole life at the moment, but he still gave me a kiss on the cheek.

After giving me the kiss, he took my left hand and started drawing patterns on it. "What was the kiss for?" I asked him, playing dumb. Because that's what I'm the best at.

"For existing because I like you." He said, sending chills all over my body. "Oh." Was all I managed to say.

We continued sitting there, talking to each other, while he played with my hair.

As I was just talking about my hometown and family, I heard something or someone moving behind the bushes. I saw light hair and an orange t-shirt.

I could recognize those two things anywhere. Andreas Wellinger.

I panicked. "I think we should go now." I said, stopping him in the middle of a sentence. "Why? What's wrong?" He asked me, confused. I would be too, not gonna lie. "I'm getting a little cold. Do you mind if we continue it some other time?" I asked him, lifting my hand from his. "Yeah, sure thing."

With that, the two of us started making our way back to the hotel. I was constantly glancing around the forest to see if I was imagining things or if Andreas was really there at some point.

I guess he went for a run too and didn't want to bother us. I'll ask him about it later.

This story is already getting weird, I'm sorry