Chapter Twenty Four

Danielle's P.O.V

I walk into the school building with Maya beside me. Since I slept over Maya's, I had to borrow some of her clothes for today since I really didn't want to go home and see Cole.

That would just be awkward.

Maya groans and rests her head against the locker while I begin to do my combination. "I can't believe you embarrassed me." Maya says and I roll my eyes, shoving the books that I don't need until later in the locker. When I am finished, I close the locker door and stare at Maya with a grin.

"You'll live." I say and Maya let's out a laugh, rolling her eyes.

"More like die when I see him." Maya says, referring to Liam. I roll my eyes again and just as we are about to walk to class, I figure appears in front of us that makes Maya and I jump in fright.

"Liam!" Maya gasps and I hold a hand to my chest, looking down at the floor. Liam laughs and crosses his arms across his chest.

"Did I scare you two?" Liam asks and I look up at him, nodding. Maya sends Liam a glare and I can't help but mentally laugh. Liam looks between the two of us before looking at Maya with a grin.

"So, you like me, huh?" Liam asks and suddenly, Maya's cheeks flush a bright red. I grin at Maya and make kissing faces while Liam isn't looking. Maya sends me a glare before looking back at Liam.

"Uh, I mean, yeah you're hot but I wasn't-" Suddenly, Liam plants his lips on Maya's cheek, making Maya flush even more. When Liam pulls away, he sends Maya a wink before walking off down the hallway. I look at Maya and watch as her mouth drops.

"What... just happened?"

Oh, you've got it bad, Maya.

●●●

I take my seat at the back of the class, groaning quickly as the teacher makes his way to his desk. I honestly hate this class. I don't even know why Maya isn't here with me. She is just as dumb as me so she should be with me, not in the higher class.

Bitch.

Suddenly, a seat beside me pulls out and I look to my left to see the one and only Cole Walker taking the seat beside me. I huff in annoyance and I turn back to face the front.

I forgot about him.

"Hey," Cole says but I ignore him. Until I get an explanation as to why Cole was being all moody yesterday, I have no reason to talk to him.

Even if I do like him.

Cole taps my shoulder and I bite my tongue, watching as the rest of the students walking into class. Start the class, start the damn class, I think to myself.

"Can you just talk to me? I said I'm sorry." Cole whispers to me and I turn to him, my eyes narrowing.

"Go and shove your apology up your ass, Cole." I say before standing up and moving to the front where an empty seat is. I bite my lip and watch as the teacher begins to explain what we will be doing today.

Bitch.

●●●

"And then he just kept looking at me, sending me winks and oh my gosh..." Maya explains, her cheeks heating up at her words. She begins to fan herself with her hand and smiles. I roll my eyes and take a sip of my coke.

"You like him. We get it." I say, slightly annoyed at the fact that Cole keeps looking over in my direction. I notice Maya furrow her eyebrows, her smile turning into a frown.

"What is up with you? Just because your boy problems are complicated does not mean you have to make me feel like shit." Maya says and I narrow my eyes at her.

"Oh sorry, what would you like me to say?" I ask, my eyebrow raising. "Would you like me to say the truth and say that Liam only wants you for sex? Would you like me to say that you have no chance with anyone because your annoying? What the fuck do you want me to say?" I ask and Maya's eyes widen. She shakes her head slightly and scrapes her chair back, standing up.

"I'm glad you told me the truth. Thanks Danielle." Maya says before grabbing her bag and walking off to sit with the girls that usually copy off her in Math. I groan and stand up, walking over to the cafeteria doors.

Stupid Maya.

Stupid Cole.

Stupid fucking life.

I begin to make my way to the entrance of the school and I groan when I realise that it is raining and my ride home was Maya. I run my hand through my hair and lean against the lockers, closing my eyes.

Stupid Danielle.

"You okay?" I hear someone ask and I open my eyes to see Cole standing in front of me, a concerning frown on his face. I roll my eyes and cross my arms across my chest.

"What do you want?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at Cole. "Don't you know when to stay away from me?" I ask and Cole sighs.

"Do you want a ride home or not?"

"No, fuck you." I say, turning my head to the side. Cole grabs my hand and holds it gently, the warmth of his hand making my body instantly warm up.

Ignore it, Danielle, my brain says and I look at Cole, watching as a small smile appears on his lips.

"Stop being a bitch and just let me take you home."

●●●

I am sorry that this is a short chapter but I have a lot of stuff that is going on right now (eating icecream and internally crying because I can't watch Wentworth) and I just needed a break. Hopefully the updates will come in regularly but don't count on it because like I said... I'M INTERNALLY CRYING!

You know what to do.

Vote

Comment

Share

I love you all and hopefully I'll update soon.

-XmysterysmileX