Chapter 14.

I totally recommend you listen to the video while reading ;)
===========

"Alexander you have to leave now" I raise my voice as I stand up.

"I only asked a question. You can either say yes or no"

"Leave!" I shout.

He raises his hands in surrender "Okay, Okay! No need to go all savage"

I hand him his books and lead him downstairs.
"Done already?" Rip asks.

"Oh yeah! I'm so done" I scorn.

"Bye guys. Hope I see you around." Xan grins.

"Hold it young man! I've been a prisoner in the kitchen all day long not for you to just vanish without stuffing yourself!" Zang comes in before Xan can leave.

"That's my mum's way of saying you should stay for dinner" Rip interjects.

"Oh no! No! No, No!" I cut in. "I'm sure Xan will prefer to go home and eat the dinner his mum prepared"

"Mel don't you remember me telling you that my mum-"

"Oh I remember! Your mum went on a work trip right?" I stop him.

"Aww...poor baby. That's more reason to stay for some proper homemade goody" Zang replies my excuse.

"Ummm...I guess I can't say no" he answers rubbing his hands together.

We all go to the dining room and everyone else comes downstairs.

There's a knock at the door.
Leah goes to open the door. "Hi dad. What brings you here?" She asks ushering him in.

"Hello sweetheart. Just dropped by to ask your mum a question" he smiles. "Seems like I came at the right time" he says spotting the family seated in the dining room.
"Hola Goldie" he approaches her for a hug which she returns before he sits next to her.

"And who's this fine lad?" He asks.

"I'm Mel's boy-"

"He's my study mate" I cut in sternly.

"Is everything okay" Harris asks.

"Nothing is okay when you're around" I tease.

It makes everyone laugh.

"So Xan, I hear your dad works as a police man here?" Zang asks

"Yeah! Actually, he's more like a detective".

"Interesting" Tan says. "So I guess you have detected somethings about Mel?"

"Actually, how about we talk about something else?" I smile.

"Like what?" Rip asks.

"Like what you guys think of the food. Nobody seems to be eating their chicken" I reply.

"You know we're not a chicken family" Ben says between his teeth.

It's silent for a while with plates and forks making disturbing noises.
"Mel do you want to come over to mine tomorrow?" Xan asks.

I ignore him.

"Ez? Xan asked you a question" Leah says.

"Oh no! I'm having a study break. If YOU don't mind" I snarl.

"Oh Xan, you must be a very nice guy to be able to keep up with Mel" Ben jokes.

"Actually Mel is alright once you get to know her"

"True" Harris says

"But you don't know me Alexander. In fact you don't know me at all!" I raise my voice.