Chapter 19: Refreshing

Chapter 19

Refreshing

As the night went by I sobered up a bit, but I still was throwing myself at Darren every chance I got. An extra boost of confidence ran through me as I recognized a song. I began singing along and rocking my body as if I knew what I was doing, but I didn't have a clue. I felt Darren place hands on my waist before forcing me to turn around so my back was to his chest. I felt hot air on my neck and my heart began beating uncontrollably. I had only been this close to Darren in my dreams. I didn't want him to ever pull away so I pushed myself closer to him. I expected him to push me away, but he didn't. I forgot about everything and the whole world became just me and Darren. I flipped back around so I could stare into his eyes. He grinned at me making me grin back.

My legs suddenly went numb and I clutched onto Darren tighter, afraid that they were going to give in and I was going to crash to the floor. I felt eyes on me as we danced and I figured it was probably Brian giving me the death stare, but when I looked over my shoulder it was actually Joey. I shook it off and turned back to Darren who hadn't noticed the eyes.

"I'm burning up," I complained while pulling back to fan myself. Darren chuckled at me.

"That's, because you're in all long sleeves." I glanced down to notice he was right.

"Well, I had to do it," I pointed out without a care that he may ask why and then I'd have to have an excuse other than my scars. But, he didn't ask instead he gave a solution.

"Do you want to go outside then? It might be cooler out there..." He trailed off while moving his hand from my waist to my back to pull me closer to him.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I whispered slightly breathless by how close I was to him. I was unbelievably close to him, too close. We shouldn't be this close to each other, I thought as I remembered Julia. I didn't want to be this close to him, but I didn't want to pull away either. Thankfully he pulled away for me, but only to take my hand and drag me outside. I shouldn't have followed him out there; I shouldn't have said I was hot, but in that moment all I could think was Darren. My gorgeous amazing Darren.

He opened the door for me and let go of my hand so I could go through first. I threw my hands up allowing air to hit my armpits. I giggled at myself, because this had to be a funny sight, but Darren was silently watching me.

"What?" I asked subconsciously rubbing my face in case I had anything on it, but I didn't. Darren didn't speak as he stepped towards me. My heart was rushing and for a moment I was scared I was having a heart attack. He placed a hand on my waist and pulled me into him. At first I didn't think anything about it then he placed a hand on my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, but I knew exactly what he was doing I just couldn't believe he was going to do it and I couldn't believe I was going to let him. I briefly closed my eyes as he leaned in. Our lips barely touched then his hand moved to the back of my head to make it deeper. My hands laid still, my fingers curled against his chest.

It felt like rain hitting my skin, harsh and refreshing all at once, but we couldn't be doing this. Not yet. I wanted to be doing this, but this was cheating and I may be a bitch, but I wasn't a cheater and I thought Darren would be better than that. My fingers uncurled and pushed against Darren's chest and quickly shoved him away.

I took a step back to put extra space between us. "We can't kiss," it hurt me to speak, but I had to, "y-you're dating Julia." I hiccupped a sob. He rolled his eyes annoyed at me. Did he not realize what he had just done? What we have both just became? 

"It's just a kiss, Emily. Chill. It doesn't mean anything." And he turned around to leave me alone with the tears rolling down my cheeks.

----***----
A/N:

Here's Darren dancing with Emily 👇🏻😉

So.
They kissed.

Dun. Dun. Dun.
(Is that how you spell that? Oh well you get the point)

I may be hyped up on coffee. Or maybe it's summer and lack of sleep. Either way I'm hyped. Lol.

Sorry for the short update.