She's all I need

Dylans POV  

         Once I figured that there was only about 10 minutes left of 7th hour, I left the woods and went to Elenor’s locker and waited.  I told her we needed to talk, and then that guy showed up again! To make matters worse, she tells me he’s her best friend! A guy! She told him she was going with me today—that’s right—and he left, after telling me to treat her right. Why wouldn’t I? She’s my mate.

            And then Elenor started laughing. At me.

            “What’s wrong with you?” I asked her. She just shook her head and walked out, so I followed her to the woods.

            “You can start this conversation anytime you want.” She said.

            “I want to get to know you.” I knew nothing about her.

            “What do you want to know?”

            I found out that her favourite color is blue, her favourite type of food is Italian, the forest calms her, her favourite movie is West Side Story, her favourite animal is, well, dogs, her middle name is Danielle and her biggest fear is drowning. I had to stop and look at her at that one. “Really?”

            “You have to promise not to tell!” She looked kind of scared.

            “I don’t know if I can do that…” I teased.

            She held out her pinky. “Promise!”

            “Fine,” I caved. I mean, she’s my mate, she could probably make me do anything. “I promise.” I twisted my pinky in hers and felt the sparks shoot up my arm. I looked down at her. We were getting closer.

            I wanted to kiss her so bad. “El?”

            “Hm?”

            “Is it alright if I kiss you?”

            She hesitated for just a second before answering. “Yes.”

            I grinned and felt my heart rate fly. I slid an arm around her small waist and gently tilted her head up before leaning in and pressing my lips against hers.

            It felt so good. I’ve made out with a lot of girls before, but this, this one small kiss, washes all those other girls away. The sparks that I feel when I bump into Elenor are nothing compared to the sparks from our shared kiss.

            I felt her hands go around my neck and I pulled her against my chest. I allowed myself a few more seconds before I pulled away. Hey, it’s our first kiss. I’m not going to just shove my tongue down her throat! I can be a gentleman sometimes.

            “Wow.” She said breathlessly.

            “Wow.” I repeated.

            She stared at me for a minute. “Do you feel the sparks too?”

            I could feel them right now, her hands at the back of my neck were playing with the hair there. “Yeah, it’s amazing.”

            She bit her lip.

            She’s going to kill me one day.

            “Dylan?” Her voice saying my name… “Can I ask you something?”

            “Of course.”

            “What do you see in me?”

            I blinked. “What do you mean? You’re my mate.”

            “What do you think of me?”

            “I think you’re perfect.”

            She looked at me expectantly.

            “Your eyes, the deep blue sparkles every time you smile.”

            She smiled at that, making her eyes sparkle just as I said.

            “And your smile,” I smiled at her. “Who wouldn’t love our smile? And your hands,” I took one that was resting on my shoulder. “Every time I see them I just want to hold on and never let go.” I put her hand back around my neck. “Your waist,” I tightened my grip on her waist a bit. “I want to keep my hands on your waist all day, keeping you close to me.”

            “So it’s not just because I’m your mate…?”

            “Do you want the truth?”

            She nodded. “Always.”

            “Honestly,” I said slowly. “If you weren’t my mate, I probably wouldn’t have noticed you.” I felt her pulling away slightly, but I held on tight. “Don’t misunderstand. The Fates put us in each others paths, and I couldn’t be happier.” I said, hoping she will understand what I’m trying to say here. “I’ve barely known you for a day, Elenor, but I already lov—no, like you. I wont freak you out with the other L word yet.” I looked down at her, afraid of her reaction.

            She was smiling at me. “I like you too.” She giggled.

            She is so cute.

            “Thanks!”

            Did I say that out loud?

            “Can you even tell when people put their walls down?”

            “You’re letting me into your head?” I felt my wolf jumping up and down at that.

            “For now.” She said.

            I grinned.

            She looked up at me. “Can I see your wolf?”

            “Can I see yours?”

            Of course. She answered me in my head. I couldn’t help but smile at that.

            She hopped out of my arms—I felt empty without her in them—and walked behind a big tree. “No peeking.”

            “Okay.” I went behind a different tree and started to strip. Your clothes don’t just pop in and out of your body when you shift ya know. It only took me about a minute and then I walked on four legs back to where we had talked… and kissed.

            And then I saw her wolf. My own wolf howled in excitement. She is so beautiful. Her wolf is a wonderful brown colour, with white patches on one of her eyes, the opposite ear, and the end of her tail. She’s smaller than me, by about a head and then some, but I’m the next Alpha, what can you expect?

            What do you think? She asked

            Beautiful. I walked over to her.

            She stared at me with her sparkling blue eyes, the same colour as her human ones, only huge.

            I watched as she slowly came closer to me, and put her head against my neck and… cuddled me. It felt nice. I can feel the sparks even in wolf form. I put my head down to her back.

            This is great. Just being here, in the forest with my mate. I could spend the rest of my life here with her. I wouldn’t need anything else to survive.